The Student Room Group

Backpacking vietnam - hotel question!

Hi everyone

So I'm going backpacking Vietnam and I have been having a look at how to travel between places. A lot of the sleeper buses seem to get into places at 2am/3am, is it possible to check into hostels at this time? I'm worried I'll get to the next city and be left on the streets at night!
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Yes, just check ahead and also how to get there, arriving anywhere especially at 2/3am can be a challenge. Have you thought about tours too? I did one with Intrepid which was good, Saigon to Hanoi overland. This Vietnam backpacking guide might help you too.
Original post by ellie1312
Hi everyone

So I'm going backpacking Vietnam and I have been having a look at how to travel between places. A lot of the sleeper buses seem to get into places at 2am/3am, is it possible to check into hostels at this time? I'm worried I'll get to the next city and be left on the streets at night!
Thank you :smile:

Some do, and some don't. What you can do, is message the hotel/hostel before booking and ask them if you can check in at that time. Most hostels will have a page on Booking.com etc or a Facebook page.

In big cities, you will probably be fine. I arrived in Hanoi in the middle of the night and the receptionist was just sleeping in the reception waiting for us :biggrin:
(edited 11 months ago)
Ask your accommodation whether you can arrive late or not before booking.
Grab like Uber is widely used in Vietnam.
Original post by dinhoecotour
Ask your accommodation whether you can arrive late or not before booking.
Grab like Uber is widely used in Vietnam.

Please don't bump old threads :smile:

Latest