The Student Room Group

Is a Kanken backpack worth it?

I’m starting uni soon and wanted to get a new backpack.. is a Kanken worth the price/ do they stain easily and should I get the laptop or classic version?
Reply 1
Original post by Tryingmybest27
I’m starting uni soon and wanted to get a new backpack.. is a Kanken worth the price/ do they stain easily and should I get the laptop or classic version?

ive had a Kanken backpack for almost 4 years, here’s some pros and cons:
Pros
- lasts a long time, I had one for year 10 and 11, so two years of constant use. and even atp i had to get rid because it had ink stains, rather than actually being broken or not working
- storage. It fits tons, the most I’ve done is folder, notepad, two textbooks, iPad, water bottle, lunchbox and little bits (perfume, sanitiser etc) which is a little tight but manageable
- easy to clean. it’s really quick to clean, since the material is like shiny and wipe clean, I find one soak in water like twice a year is plenty, and anything else is fine with baby wipes. with my old one (blue) I found it did get some stains with ink, and my second one (dark green) is stain free atm, but has some scratches which show when you look closely, but I’ve had it for a year now so can’t complain. these could be avoided if you chose a darker bag too
- cute, let’s be honest a lot of it’s about the look, and it does really compliment my outfits a lot haha
Cons
- expensive! When I bought my newest it was £80, which is a lot to fork out on one bag
- can hurt, when I have it full and for a long time it can get quite sore on my shoulders since the straps are quite thin, but it has got a like padded material thingy in the back sleeve which can help
- it zips down at the sides to put stuff in, but putting in folders (ring binders) is a v tight fit, and they get damaged over time at the corners because the bag is the exact size of a folder, it’s not a deal breaker but s bit annoying haha

there’s probably things I’ve forgotten, so feel free to ask any questions. I think the fact i re bought it speaks for itself, and it’s great for a longer lasting backpack which looks great and fits lots, but the price is a big factor in any decision. I got my first one as a wannabe vsco girl 😂
Original post by charves14
ive had a Kanken backpack for almost 4 years, here’s some pros and cons:
Pros
- lasts a long time, I had one for year 10 and 11, so two years of constant use. and even atp i had to get rid because it had ink stains, rather than actually being broken or not working
- storage. It fits tons, the most I’ve done is folder, notepad, two textbooks, iPad, water bottle, lunchbox and little bits (perfume, sanitiser etc) which is a little tight but manageable
- easy to clean. it’s really quick to clean, since the material is like shiny and wipe clean, I find one soak in water like twice a year is plenty, and anything else is fine with baby wipes. with my old one (blue) I found it did get some stains with ink, and my second one (dark green) is stain free atm, but has some scratches which show when you look closely, but I’ve had it for a year now so can’t complain. these could be avoided if you chose a darker bag too
- cute, let’s be honest a lot of it’s about the look, and it does really compliment my outfits a lot haha
Cons
- expensive! When I bought my newest it was £80, which is a lot to fork out on one bag
- can hurt, when I have it full and for a long time it can get quite sore on my shoulders since the straps are quite thin, but it has got a like padded material thingy in the back sleeve which can help
- it zips down at the sides to put stuff in, but putting in folders (ring binders) is a v tight fit, and they get damaged over time at the corners because the bag is the exact size of a folder, it’s not a deal breaker but s bit annoying haha

there’s probably things I’ve forgotten, so feel free to ask any questions. I think the fact i re bought it speaks for itself, and it’s great for a longer lasting backpack which looks great and fits lots, but the price is a big factor in any decision. I got my first one as a wannabe vsco girl 😂

Omg Thank you sm!!!
(I had a vsco phase too) I think I’ll get get a darker colour then so it’s less likely to show any major stains, I’m considering forest green and navy and maybe even plain black 🥲 your reply has really helped me out! ☺️ I luv that it is long lasting and well made as my previous bags I used lasted at most two years.

Youve definitely convinced me 😌thank you again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending