The Student Room Group

cant deal with my sister

currently doing my alevel exams rn and today i woke up at 5 so i could revise before the 9am exam, and i asked my mom to wake me up. when she did there was obviously some whispering and stuff but i sleep on the same bed with my sister and she woke up and started complaining and i told her to go back to sleep and stop complaining about it bc we only whispered. later on in the day she told me to apologise for waking her up and i called her an a**h*** cause she wasnt being considerate of my situation but she called me selfish. now she's crying bc i didnt apologise for calling her that and also waking her up. my sister is 12 btw.
ik its petty of me but she genuinely has no care for what I'm going through right now. our living situation rn is that i either sleep in the same bed as her or i sleep on the couch downstairs. i tell her that these are the most important exams of my life and she just... doesn't care and its all about her. she complains about having to go downstairs to go on her laptop cause its cold, and doesn't think about the fact that i struggle to sleep cause i hear her watching tiktoks when i have a full day of school tmrw. idk what to do, should i just start sleeping on the couch? I can't deal with her, every time i speak to her it devolves into an argument and i cant stand her
That sucks :frown: Maybe try have a sit down conversation with her with a parent there to mediate it. If she still refuses to be more considerate and sleeping on the couch would still allow you to have a good quality of sleep then sleep on the couch (maybe even take turns with your sister to sleep on the couch?).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending