The Student Room Group

Previously lived in Scotland now live in England - SAAS or SFE

I completed my undergraduate degree in Scotland where i did receive a student loan which has now been paid off. I am beginning a postgraduate course in London where I now live and have done so for a little over 2 years. I have tried to make an application through SFE however there is statement that I cannot apply as I 'normally live in Scotland. SAAS however does not provide funding for students attending English universities. Can someone confirm which body I need to apply through and if it is indeed through SFE how I get them to understand that I live in England.
Original post by ConorSlaven
I completed my undergraduate degree in Scotland where i did receive a student loan which has now been paid off. I am beginning a postgraduate course in London where I now live and have done so for a little over 2 years. I have tried to make an application through SFE however there is statement that I cannot apply as I 'normally live in Scotland. SAAS however does not provide funding for students attending English universities. Can someone confirm which body I need to apply through and if it is indeed through SFE how I get them to understand that I live in England.

Hi Conor, Did you move to England for the purpose of study or are you living in England permanently now? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi Conor, Did you move to England for the purpose of study or are you living in England permanently now? Thanks, Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your response. I moved to London with my wife two years ago for work and consider it a permanent move.
Best,
Conor.
Hi Karen,

Thanks for your response. I moved to London with my wife two years ago for work and consider it a permanent move.
Best,
Conor.

In order for the team to assess your eligibility you would need to complete the paper application and return this via post for the team to review. You can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1078131/sfe_pgl_application_form_2223_o.pdf

Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
In order for the team to assess your eligibility you would need to complete the paper application and return this via post for the team to review. You can find the form here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1078131/sfe_pgl_application_form_2223_o.pdf

Thanks, Karen

The 23/24 form is here: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1152204/sfe_pgl_application_form_2324_o.pdf

Thanks, Karen
Reply 5

Thank you so much for the information, it is very much appreciated.
Conor.
Thank you so much for the information, it is very much appreciated.
Conor.

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending