missed 20 marks in paper 1

i was hoping for a B minimum in a-level

will this still be possible to achieve with 2 papers left

how can i improve my likelihood of getting higher marks in future papers
Original post by TwilightSparkle3

Assuming that the three papers are split equally (i.e. each contributes one third of the total marks), then you can offset having "missed 20 marks in paper 1" by gaining 10 more marks in each of the two subsequent papers.

I realise that the above might not be very helpful. However, you haven't mentioned the qualification (GCSE? A level? Something else?), the subject (Business, presumably, given where you've posted this), your exam board, or your estimate of what having "missed 20 marks in paper 1" actually means in terms of marks. As a result, nobody is going be able to answer your actual question.

There's quite a difference between missing 20 marks to drop from 95/100 to 75/100 (still probably an A*), and missing 20 marks to drop from 55/100 (which would likely have been a B) to 35/100.
Reply 2
Original post by TwilightSparkle3

You need around 56% for a B (from prediction). This means you can get 56 marks in this paper so missing 20 marks is not TOO detrimental, depending on how you did on the other questions. If it was time management that caused this loss of marks, next time just write as fast as you possibly can. Very basic advice however it helped me. Keep working hard for the next papers. You will be ok.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending