The Student Room Group

Inspecting a car

I'm looking to buy a second hand car can some1 give me tips on what to check to know whether the car is good or not please?
Original post by Rohan007best
I'm looking to buy a second hand car can some1 give me tips on what to check to know whether the car is good or not please?

Have you considered getting a professional to inspect the car? Both the AA and RAC provide such a service. (See here for the AA and here for the RAC.) There will likely be other independent people / companies local to yourself who provide a similar service.

Note that the AA and RAC are pretty expensive, especially if you're comparing them to "some bloke you know who's into cars". However, the theory is that if you pay these guys £150-£200, they'll hopefully produce a report which allows you to negotiate the price down by £150-£200. Hence the inspection ends-up being effectively free.
(edited 11 months ago)
(Your honestly better reading back through older threads as this has been asked 100s of times so most people won't be willing to answer it again, but you'll find lots of info already here)
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending