The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton Halls

Hello
Does anyone have any idea how often the University of Southampton halls staff member(s) check your room? I'm quite a messy person and don't want to get kicked out
Original post by Anonymous
Hello
Does anyone have any idea how often the University of Southampton halls staff member(s) check your room? I'm quite a messy person and don't want to get kicked out

Hello!

At the University of Southampton halls, there is a monthly kitchen and communal areas inspection (including bathroom if shared). You will know the date of all of these in advance, so you can be sure to be prepared by giving everything a good clean the night before although the best practice is to keep it clean and tidy all the time to avoid this being a stress! As for your room, it is only inspected near the end of the tenancy, and this is much more to inspect its cleanliness and to check that nothing is broken. As long as the people inspecting are able to get in to your room and see everything, then the mess doesn't matter as long as nothing is broken and it's in a clean condition, they don't mind if it's messy or disorganised!

The other times staff might be in your room is if you have any problems with, for example, the radiator and someone needs to come in to fix it. Again, as long as they can get into where they need to, mess is not a problem.

Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please do let me know! :smile:

Amie (a third year University of Southampton Official Rep)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending