The Student Room Group

Bills

Hey, I am just wanting some advice on bills for living from second year. I see a lot of these bills packages but I will love to hear if any of them are actually worth using or not, and if not, if they're any other suitable options which will be cost effective. i will be living with one other person in our house.
Original post by replover
Hey, I am just wanting some advice on bills for living from second year. I see a lot of these bills packages but I will love to hear if any of them are actually worth using or not, and if not, if they're any other suitable options which will be cost effective. i will be living with one other person in our house.

Hi there!

Me and my house mates pay for our bills through 'Unihomes'. Our landlord recommended for us to use this company as it seems to be one of the easiest to set up. This works really well for us, as it means we don't have to worry about any of it, we just set up the direct debit at the beginning of the year. In terms of cost-effectiveness, I think we pay around £80 each per month (there is 5 of us in my house). Though we have unlimited use of electric, water, heating etc, so I think it is probably quite reasonable and it means me and my housemates don't end up arguing about who uses too much water etc, which can be common for university students. I'd recommend you looking into this as it works for us! :smile:

I hope this helps.
Scarlet - Sheffield Hallam Student Ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending