The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine A100 2024

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by BigTing432
Can everyone who got an invite just post their BMAT scores so the rest of us can see the sort of scores being interviewed?

Yes that would be insanely helpful 😭 or at least if they just say they aren’t comfortable sharing. I’m getting worried now, surely the interviews are sent your in batches because if they’ve all been sent out I’ve got no chance
Original post by eveoeve
Yes that would be insanely helpful 😭 or at least if they just say they aren’t comfortable sharing. I’m getting worried now, surely the interviews are sent your in batches because if they’ve all been sent out I’ve got no chance

They get sent in batches so don’t worry
Reply 82
Guys I flopped my bmat got 3.7 3.8 3A and put UCL
Reply 83
Original post by eveoeve

I think the only interview invites that have been sent out are for the ones this month… there are only two dates. But there are loads of interview dates in the new year that invites won’t have been sent out for yet… Don’t loose hope!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 84
Original post by flissp
I think the only interview invites that have been sent out are for the ones this month… there are only two dates. But there are loads of interview dates in the new year that invites won’t have been sent out for yet… Don’t loose hope!

Thank you so much, that’s very reassuring :smile:
does anyone know if the cutoff is lower for contextuals?
Reply 86
Does anyone know how UCL uses the BMAT score after interview? Do they base offers only on interview score or do they still look at BMAT after interview?
Reply 87
Original post by diya707
Does anyone know how UCL uses the BMAT score after interview? Do they base offers only on interview score or do they still look at BMAT after interview?

Decisions are made based only on interview score as far as I'm aware. The average score for each interviewee was around 6.0 and the average offer holder score was also around 6.0 so there is no evidence to suggest that they favour candidates with better BMAT scores. They also explicitly say that they don't look at BMAT post interview which is a relief to many but a shame to others.
Reply 88
Does anyone know how UCL uses section 3 of the BMAT (the essay) in the selection procedure? Would someone with an average combined score for sections 1&2 benefit from having 4A or higher in section 3?
Any info would be appreciated.
Reply 89
Original post by Miamedic
Does anyone know how UCL uses section 3 of the BMAT (the essay) in the selection procedure? Would someone with an average combined score for sections 1&2 benefit from having 4A or higher in section 3?
Any info would be appreciated.

No they wouldn’t, it’s just score of section 1 and 2 that are ranked sorry.
Reply 90
I got a 12.9 as an international applicant, I am so sad :frown: .
Reply 91
Interview 5.5, 8, 3A !
Original post by 22lpl
Interview 5.5, 8, 3A !

Did you get the interview today?
Just got an interview for 3rd Jan, really shocked because I didn't do great in BMAT (total 10.6 3.5A), do they still use rankings when giving offers or is BMAT more of a cutoff for interviews????
Original post by Yuzhenzhang
Just got an interview for 3rd Jan, really shocked because I didn't do great in BMAT (total 10.6 3.5A), do they still use rankings when giving offers or is BMAT more of a cutoff for interviews????

They use a cutoff, they select randomly I’m pretty sure
Reply 95
Original post by Yuzhenzhang

No way! wow congrats. Are you contextual ?
I’m getting really worried ☹️ I have a 11.4 3.0A but haven’t heard back from UCL yet, and it seems they’ve already sent out interviews to people with scores above 11.0?
Original post by MOCHIevious
I’m getting really worried ☹️ I have a 11.4 3.0A but haven’t heard back from UCL yet, and it seems they’ve already sent out interviews to people with scores above 11.0?

I believe it’s done randomly in batches so try not to worry about it too much
Original post by MOCHIevious

yep same, we should be soon though
Reply 99
Yes, I am pretty sure it is done randomly. I think it would helpful if they made details like this more clear, to avoid additional stress for applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending