It's that time of the year!

Current University:
Degree Title:
Achieved/Expected Grades:
Prospective LSE Course:

Country you are from:
Plans to submit application on:
Other Universities and Course you’re applying to:

After you have received a decision, some applicants may be curious to know the following, but please avoid worrying if someone has heard back sooner than you; it does not necessarily mean you will be rejected.

Course:
Date applied (including references):
Interview date (if applicable):
Decision date and whether seen on the portal or received via e-mail:
Decision:
Did you see your transcript drop (by this we mean see the transcript appears at the bottom of the list of documents on the portal)? And if so, on what date?
If successful, were you successful in obtaining funding from GSS? If so, how much? If not, how much did you request?

Disclaimer: Please note, unless stated otherwise, posters on this thread do not work for LSE's admissions department, therefore do not take our opinion as being 100% accurate. If you need certainty, contact LSE directly.

Scroll to see replies

Personally, I have reinstated my application from last year as I got into the reserve list for the MSc Finance. Hope I pull through this time around!
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Has anyone received details for the new Graduate Applicant Portal that's supposed to replace LSE For You yet?
Original post by mernicula
Has anyone received details for the new Graduate Applicant Portal that's supposed to replace LSE For You yet?

No link or email yet, surely during the day ! :smile:
"Graduate Applicant Portal - Our updated portal for tracking your application has been launched on 7 November 2022. Invitations to create public accounts and access the portal are being sent." LSE News and events

Reply 5
I received the email, but there is no link in the email lol. Did they mess it up or something?
Idk, for the moment I have not received any email, I’ll keep you up to date when I’ll receive anything
Reply 7
Yeah so I think they made a mistake with the initial email and forgot to put the link. In an hour or so they sent a new one which this time had the link to create an LSE For You account.
I have not received any email yet. Hopefully it comes in as soon as possible
I have not received any email yet. Hopefully it comes in as soon as possible

Me neither, maybe it depends on the department which received the applications
Original post by LouisEros
Me neither, maybe it depends on the department which received the applications

Hi all, keeping you up to date : still nothing this morning :smile:
Hi there, I received my email for the new GAP. It specifies that offers will be sent from January 2023 onwards. Here's to weeks of waiting! Crossing fingers!
Received mine too this afternoon ! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Email now received for GAP. Good luck everyone.

I’m applying for the MSc China in Comparative Perspective if there’s any other Sinophiles out there?
Hey all, I Reinstated my application on 3rd October as I was on the reserve list for MSc in Psychology of Economic Life last year. Received access to my GAP today and noticed that my transcript was at the bottom. Wondering if this is a feature of the new portal or I if i actually had a transcript drop.
Do you mean this? In creating the new applicant portal, LSE might have resolved the "transcript drop" phenomenom for good. My transcripts are also at the bottom of the page, but I do not know if it means anything.
Do you mean this? In creating the new applicant portal, LSE might have resolved the "transcript drop" phenomenom for good. My transcripts are also at the bottom of the page, but I do not know if it means anything.

Hey yes the same thing happened to line as well. Did you also reinstate your application?
Original post by Anonymous
Hey yes the same thing happened to line as well. Did you also reinstate your application?

Mine*
Reply 18
I completed my application for MSc Marketing on 3/11/22, got GAP on 7/11/22 and waitlisted on 12/11/22.

This is what they sent me:

Our programme selectors have given initial consideration to your application for the MSc in Marketing (N5U1) but unfortunately they are not yet able to reach a final decision and wish to reconsider your application in a few weeks' time. Your application has therefore been added to the programme waiting list.

Applications may be placed on the waiting list when the selectors wish to see more applications to gain a better idea of the applicant pool before making a final decision.

When your application is sent back to the selectors for final consideration, you may be made an offer of admission or your application may be unsuccessful. Please be aware that although your application was be placed on the waiting list, either outcome is still possible.
Hi I;m an interntional student from Indian who finished his undergrad in Finance at Northeastern University. I have relevant internship experiences and extra-curriculars at university but my gpa is horrible (below a 3.0 ) due to mental health issues from the pandemic. I do have a great gre score of 326 which I'm hoping would help ucl reconsider my application. As for the particular course I want to study at LSE I wanted to pick something in Management but i guess that might be too competitive. So i was wondering what you guys think would be a generally less competitive course in terms of the no. of applicants perhaps something in social science that I could kinda connect with my business degree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending