The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Failed first year resit module in my second year

Hi

I am at Staffordshire University studying biomedical science in my second year.
I failed one module in my first year and I am repeating it this year (second year) but I failed one single exam in January but I passed my coursework and I have one exam left. What will happen? Will they kick me out? I am doing pretty well in my second year.
What will happen to me
Original post by Kijan989
Hi

I failed one module in my first year and I am repeating it this year (second year) but I failed one single exam in January but I passed my coursework and I have one exam left. What will happen? Will they kick me out? I am doing pretty well in my second year.
What will happen to me

It depends how the module is assessed. It may just be your average grade needs to be a pass.
You dont say what you got or any weightings but you still have the final exams.
Contact registry.
If its just an average then just make up the difference.

If you fail again then its down to uni rules and progression.
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by Kijan989
Hi

What will happen to me

Hi @Kijan989

I'm sorry to hear you're worrying about being kicked out of Staffs.

Have you spoken to The Student Hub? They're the home of our students services and they should be able to give you help - and advise you on how the system of failing modules and exams works - and what your options are.

You can reach them on: [email protected] or 01782 294751

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thanks

Amy
Any update? I’ve failed the same module in my second year but it’s a first year module I’ve passed every second year assignment and first year minus the one I failed
Original post by Kirsty26666
Any update? I’ve failed the same module in my second year but it’s a first year module I’ve passed every second year assignment and first year minus the one I failed

Hi @Kirsty26666
If you're a Staffs student, the best people to help you will be our Student Connect team - https://www.staffs.ac.uk/students/support/student-connect-team
They can give you all the guidance you need.
Best wishes,
Shaun
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi @Kirsty26666
If you're a Staffs student, the best people to help you will be our Student Connect team - https://www.staffs.ac.uk/students/support/student-connect-team
They can give you all the guidance you need.
Best wishes,
Shaun

Nah I’ve already contacted you guys and you won’t help me
Original post by Kirsty26666
Nah I’ve already contacted you guys and you won’t help me

Hi @Kirsty26666 ,
Have you spoken to your Course Tutor with your concerns?
Shaun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending