The Student Room Group

accepting offers help!

hi! I have an offer to study law at Oxford with aaa as my grades I need to achieve and definitely want to put this as my firm choice. for my insurance I am unsure whether to put York which is the exact same at aaa or Bristol which is a*a*b. any advice or input would be appreciated ! for reference my predicted grades are 3 a* and an a.
Reply 1
Hey, I think you should put Bristol as if you get AAA you will get Oxford anyway. If you miss AAA and have put York as insurance you may not get offered that either. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong though.
Reply 2
What other offers are you holding?
Reply 3
Original post by maja wasielewski
Bristol which is a*a*b.

Bristol's standard offer for Law is A*AA and Contextual is AAB.
great! mine is a*a*b
Original post by McGinger
Bristol's standard offer for Law is A*AA and Contextual is AAB.
that's what I'm thinking as I don't really see the point in putting York if its the same but some people have said that York is more flexible! thank you!
Original post by CathyC37
Hey, I think you should put Bristol as if you get AAA you will get Oxford anyway. If you miss AAA and have put York as insurance you may not get offered that either. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong though.
I also have Exeter and Leeds which are both a*aa!
Original post by ajj2000
What other offers are you holding?
Reply 7

it depends on what course you are studying. Have you looked at the rankings, which unis teach your course better and what campuses do you like etc
Reply 8

Wow - they are all super high!
that's what I'm thinking as I don't really see the point in putting York if its the same but some people have said that York is more flexible! thank you!

there's no guarantee that if you 'near miss' the grades for york they will still accept you. you have to go with the facts which are that oxford and york are both aaa, so putting york as insurance is useless because if you dont get into oxford, you wont get into your insurance either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending