The Student Room Group

Transferring to a course with higher grade requirements after getting grades?

To play it safe I applied to a course with slightly lower grade requirements at my preferred uni. I'm probably going to make the conditions for this one. There's another course with slightly higher grade requirements that I only slightly prefer more than the one I applied for. So once I get my grades back and I do meet the grade requirements for this other course, I'm thinking of requesting a change to that course. I know this isn't guaranteed and I fine with studying the original course I applied for. But does anyone of any thoughts or experience with this, and how it worked out?
Are you talking about 2 courses at the same university?

If so ring them (with a phone) tomorrow and ask about whether a switch would be possible if you get the grades and if so how and when you should formally request it.

If you’re talking about switching university and course then that’s more complex and requires you to decline your place to use clearing to go elsewhere.

It’s a shame you didn’t include the aspirational course in your original 5 choices. Then you could have had it as your firm with your current firm as an insurance.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Are you talking about 2 courses at the same university?

If so ring them (with a phone) tomorrow and ask about whether a switch would be possible if you get the grades and if so how and when you should formally request it.

If you’re talking about switching university and course then that’s more complex and requires you to decline your place to use clearing to go elsewhere.

It’s a shame you didn’t include the aspirational course in your original 5 choices. Then you could have had it as your firm with your current firm as an insurance.

Yup same university.
Yeah your right about including my preferred course as firm. Should've done more research cause at the time of applying I didn't know about this course yet. But thank you for your advice, I'll contact the uni soon.
Original post by trashboat88
Yup same university.
Yeah your right about including my preferred course as firm. Should've done more research cause at the time of applying I didn't know about this course yet. But thank you for your advice, I'll contact the uni soon.

The sooner you ring them the more likely they’ll be able to help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending