The Student Room Group

Nursing Placement hours

Has anyone owed loads of hours by end of first year? I’m panicking as I now owe 4 shifts and I don’t want to make these up throughout the summer. Or can they be made up anytime over the 3 years?
Reply 1
Original post by ceryscarter
Has anyone owed loads of hours by end of first year? I’m panicking as I now owe 4 shifts and I don’t want to make these up throughout the summer. Or can they be made up anytime over the 3 years?

Don't panic

Just discuss it with your university course leader and placement officer who can arrange for you to go to somewhere and do your missing Hours for this academic year. You can arrange to work at weekends when you are at university studying week's or extra days when on a placement.
It's your responsibility to make sure you are up-to-date on your coursework and to discuss anything with your university course leader and placement officer if any issues about things.

The main thing is that you must make sure that all of your placements hours and university studying hours are completely up-to-date by the time you are about to qualify as a nurse ( 2300 hours of placement and 2300 hours of university studying - total of 4600 hours over the 3 year's).... The sooner you get them done the better for you.

So you are about 150 hours short of this year placement hours which is not a lot to make up but remember that if you in the same situation next year and following year then you'll be panicking.

Why don't you want to make them up during the summer month's as you will be either at university or on placement during the summer anyway unless you have this time off.....??

NHS Registered midwife and student mentor/ supervisor

Quick Reply

Latest