The Student Room Group

Cv

How do you write a very good CV as I have no experience it is difficult to find any jobs for work experience if you only have your education such as GCSEs and college btec level 3 and am looking for summer work now.
Hi,

I've not even finished my GCSE's yet but I've got a CV. If you want, I can help you with yours.

A picture of mine for reference:

Screenshot 2023-05-31 7.29.16 PM.png
Reply 2
Using words like 'skilled' and 'highly skilled' are meaningless as how are they defined?

You should use bullet points to list achievements that show your transferrable skills, including a word like managed, organised, responsible for, eg

Organised a 10 mile cycle ride with 25 participants that raised £500 for charity.

One of 12 School Prefect, with particular responsibility for maintaining student notice boards and ensuring up-to-date information is displayed
Reply 3
put what ur skilled at, what r ur good qualities...eg confidence, trustworthy, reliable, friendly etc....really sell yourself (u can waffle or blag abit)
Reply 4
Original post by Zayyx01
How do you write a very good CV as I have no experience it is difficult to find any jobs for work experience if you only have your education such as GCSEs and college btec level 3 and am looking for summer work now.

instead of experince maybe put what ur good at,say i hav no experince however one day i helped this person or one day i did that and...etc etc, use reallife examples.
Original post by Zayyx01

heya are you based in London because the GiGL app is made for people with not much experience and you don't need a CV - hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending