The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

White rose view

I recently applied for White rose view at the University of Leeds after firming it. I did this on the website, and did not go private. After doing some research, i’ve found that it is oversubscribed. If i don’t get into this accommodation, is it likely that i will be placed into a similar accommodation (similar price range, room type, location ect) such as CitySide or Carlton hill or will it be completely random.
I just don’t want to get my hopes up :smile:
Original post by Anonymous #1
I recently applied for White rose view at the University of Leeds after firming it. I did this on the website, and did not go private. After doing some research, i’ve found that it is oversubscribed. If i don’t get into this accommodation, is it likely that i will be placed into a similar accommodation (similar price range, room type, location ect) such as CitySide or Carlton hill or will it be completely random.
I just don’t want to get my hopes up :smile:

I think so. How many choices did you have to put in
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by millie202
I think so. How many choices did you have to put in

Only one choice was allowed, however they asked my preferences on the accommodation types (i.e. room, catering, gender preference, and price range)
Reply 3
Original post by millie202
Do you know when they confirm accommodation. I’m still waiting on one of my unis before accepting Leeds as firm and don’t want to lose out on accommodation due to not being quick enough

The email I received said they will confirm from July onwards, they didn’t give a specific date :smile:
hi. how did you manage to book white rose cause it’s not coming up as an option on the accommodation portal. Only 4 are coming up
Reply 5
Original post by ashleysvs
hi. how did you manage to book white rose cause it’s not coming up as an option on the accommodation portal. Only 4 are coming up

Hi, when i applied it was an option, I’m not sure why it’s no longer an option.
That’s so annoying. White rose was my top choice for when all my offers came through. What accom is coming up now x
Original post by Anonymous #2
That’s so annoying. White rose was my top choice for when all my offers came through. What accom is coming up now x

sentinal towers, leodis, lupton and devonshire hall
sentinal towers, leodis, lupton and devonshire hall

I’ve received an offer a bit later only to find out that accommodation has been available to select since November, meaning that majority of the best/most popular locations are already taken and you’re left with whatever’s left which in my opinion isn’t fair for applicants who hear back from the university later
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve received an offer a bit later only to find out that accommodation has been available to select since November, meaning that majority of the best/most popular locations are already taken and you’re left with whatever’s left which in my opinion isn’t fair for applicants who hear back from the university later

That shouldn't be the case, on the university website it makes it very clear that the accommodation is not allocated on a 'first come first served basis' and that accommodation won't be allocated until after the results come out for those with a Conditional Offer which I guess will be most new undergraduates!

"We cannot guarantee you’ll get your first choice of residence, but we’ll make every effort to find you somewhere suitable.
If you have an unconditional offer at Leeds, we will allocate your accommodation between 16 July and 1 August.
If you have a conditional offer we will allocate your accommodation after your application becomes unconditional in most cases soon after A-Level results are published. Don’t worry if your friends find out where they have been allocated before you do. With nearly 8,000 applications to look through, we have to send offers out over a number of weeks.
If you are a postgraduate we will email you in July to give you additional information about accommodation, and ask you to confirm your preferences. We will then allocate your room from late July to early September"

Quick Reply

Latest