The Student Room Group

Help please! Hit a parked car

Could really do with some advice please as I am getting myself worked up right now. I was reversing out of a tight parking space and accidentally bumped a car parked horizontally behind me on some double yellows (people often park there as the work car park gets super full). I spent 5 or 10mins in my car having a stress and feeling really embarrassed then went out to look. I couldn’t see any damage and this was a pretty light bump. I took a couple of pics of the part I hit and the reg but didn’t have anything to leave a note, waited maybe another 10mins to see if they came to the car but they didn’t. I left to get a pen and paper and by the time I came back the car was gone.
Should I report myself even though I couldn’t see the damage? Someone was sat in a car nearby and likely saw so I am worried they think I just left and will report me to the police or my work or both but I don’t know what else to do!
Reply 1
Go back tomorrow at the same time and see if the same car is there.
You had a phone so you took photos and the licence plate number.
I doubt the police will get involved unless they get a report but if you want to be on the safe side I would type up a little report and go hand it in at a local station which they may not even take but at least you have proof you have tried so cant be done for hit and run.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending