The Student Room Group

Heard a noise driving passing cars?

May be a silly question but would you Feel a knock/bang if you’d knocked a wing mirror or anything whilst driving?

I have no mark on my car/wing mirror at all! But I was driving past cars ( moving not parked cars) approx 15/20mph max and heard a noise but can’t explain it wasn’t a bang as such! I didn’t feel anything!
I drove back around but car was driving so couldn’t catch up or see anything?
I imagine a car drove over some debris or drains that sounded loud next to my car!

With 0 marks or scratches or anything anywhere on my car I think I’m just looking for an answer on whether you would feel a knock if I did or alternatively if somebody hit my wing mirror vice Versa!

Thank you
Reply 1
You would usually know if you clipped a wing mirror because your own mirror would be knocked out of alignment.
Something could have ricocheted off a passing car or, as you say, you could have driven over something on the road. Have a look under your car in daylight to see if anything is stuck in the undercarriage.
It's one of those things that sometimes happens when you're driving and if you're prone to anxiety, you'll mull on it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending