The Student Room Group

bf ignores me on discord but answers other messages

my bf and i have been together for two years and are in long distance. i had sent him a serious question (on discord) on a topic we talked abt previously and saw he was active but didn't answer. i was talking with a friend so i just left it at that and figured he needed time to answer. the next day i asked him a different question and to this day i have no response. ik hes on his phone bc we snap and send messages on insta but i've gotten no response on discord. i'm trying not to be petty and lash out bc i've told him i would control my issues and i want to stay true to my word. but its really frustrating to feel ignored. idk how to bring it up without sounding clingy or needy bc i hate that feeling. i seriously don't understand why hes ignoring it tho in a way i feel like hes trying to test me but hes never done that so idk :/ feel stuck and would appreciate sum advice
Do you normally talk over discord? If you don't, he probably just hasn't used Discord for a while.

It sounds like you do both use Discord though, so try texting him on insta and asking him if he got your discord message: there's a decent chance it got buried under notifications and there's also no read receipts which doesn't help. Just feel clingy for a bit and ask him, because it's better to look a little bit clingy for a moment then to be embarrassed and anxious for days.

Good luck hopefully, probably, it will all be fine.
A boyfriend shouldn’t be trying to “test” you, especially not when you’ve been together for 2 years, that’s just sh!tty. Unfortunately the only way to properly resolve this is to confront him directly about it, but you can do it in a calm and measured way instead of lashing out.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by bubblegum49
my bf and i have been together for two years and are in long distance. i had sent him a serious question (on discord) on a topic we talked abt previously and saw he was active but didn't answer. i was talking with a friend so i just left it at that and figured he needed time to answer. the next day i asked him a different question and to this day i have no response. ik hes on his phone bc we snap and send messages on insta but i've gotten no response on discord. i'm trying not to be petty and lash out bc i've told him i would control my issues and i want to stay true to my word. but its really frustrating to feel ignored. idk how to bring it up without sounding clingy or needy bc i hate that feeling. i seriously don't understand why hes ignoring it tho in a way i feel like hes trying to test me but hes never done that so idk :/ feel stuck and would appreciate sum advice

I am not sure why you thought it wise to send serious questions on Discord. Send me a text message or call him and discuss like a normal human being. Good luck
Reply 4
It may have been a serious topic, but was it personal and requiring an urgent reply?

If you've something to discuss, pick up the phone and talk to him.
Original post by Surnia
It may have been a serious topic, but was it personal and requiring an urgent reply?

If you've something to discuss, pick up the phone and talk to him.

This really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending