The Student Room Group

Nagging parents

My parents are like walking talking to do lists cuz of my ADHD and poor time-management

In the car on the way home

how much did u study?

Study when u get there

I NEVER asked for YOU to be my accountability partners

and even if I DID

U SUCK!!
Reply 1
Original post by Fifipencil11
My parents are like walking talking to do lists cuz of my ADHD and poor time-management

In the car on the way home

how much did u study?

Study when u get there

I NEVER asked for YOU to be my accountability partners

and even if I DID

U SUCK!!

ur parents don't suck. They want the best for u. But it seems like they don't understand what you are going through with ADHD and how sitting down to focus on studying is hard. Maybe try sitting down with them and have a heart to heart about what it's like to have ADHD. And also, are you clinically diagnosed?
You're being extremely unnecessarily harsh about your parents. They wouldn't nag if they didn't care. After all, it's not their future at stake here, it's yours, so although it might come across as annoying, they're trying to urge you to do the necessary things to have a good future.

Contrary to opinion, parents do not enjoy nagging. They would probably far rather not have to nag at all. But if they're concerned that without encouraging you, you might not do these things, then obviously they're going to remind you. Prove that you can be responsible on your own and maybe they'll stop!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
ur parents don't suck. They want the best for u. But it seems like they don't understand what you are going through with ADHD and how sitting down to focus on studying is hard. Maybe try sitting down with them and have a heart to heart about what it's like to have ADHD. And also, are you clinically diagnosed?

Original post by PinkMobilePhone
You're being extremely unnecessarily harsh about your parents. They wouldn't nag if they didn't care. After all, it's not their future at stake here, it's yours, so although it might come across as annoying, they're trying to urge you to do the necessary things to have a good future.

Contrary to opinion, parents do not enjoy nagging. They would probably far rather not have to nag at all. But if they're concerned that without encouraging you, you might not do these things, then obviously they're going to remind you. Prove that you can be responsible on your own and maybe they'll stop!

PRSOM

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending