The Student Room Group

Is this a red flag?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost a month. My family really like him and say he is the only guy I have brought over that they genuinely like. He’s already stayed over (my parents are pretty strict).
But so I’m leaving my current job as it’s making me miserable and the management is just utter ****.
My boyfriend is looking at jobs at the moment.

He’s applied to several jobs but it’s taken time for him to apply to one. His family and I have all nagged at him to get a job. (In all fairness he has just finished his a levels). Anyways so I applied to a job and he congratulated me and I start this other job as soon as I have worked my 2 week notice. He told me after I had applied to this job that he had one even though he has no interest in this field of work. He told me earlier today at work that he applied to my current workplace and I’m very ****ed off at him about it.

Im glad he wants to spend time with me but it’s feeling a little bit suffocating.

Am I in the wrong for feeling mad about this? Is this a red flag of him to be doing this?
Have you told him how you feel about it? He may not think it's a problem until you communicate with him
Reply 2
Original post by bones-mccoy
Have you told him how you feel about it? He may not think it's a problem until you communicate with him

yeah I said to him it was feeling a little bit suffocating and he appologised because initially I was upset about the fact he applied for the same new job as me.
Reply 3
Did he actually apply to the job to spend time with you? Has he got it?

Then again, it's been less than 4 weeks together, you're already calling him your boyfriend and nagging him to find a job. Don't you think that's a bit intense as well?
Original post by Anonymous
yeah I said to him it was feeling a little bit suffocating and he appologised because initially I was upset about the fact he applied for the same new job as me.

Sounds like a red flag to me
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
Did he actually apply to the job to spend time with you? Has he got it?

Then again, it's been less than 4 weeks together, you're already calling him your boyfriend and nagging him to find a job. Don't you think that's a bit intense as well?

what else am I supposed to call him 😭😭?? And I’m not gonna be his sugar mummy and get him everything he needs to be able to buy things himself instead of being reliant on me and his family 24/7 bc life isn’t like that. No I don’t find it intense bc this is completly different to being clingy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending