The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

PHD

Hi, does anyone know how competitive MMU's PHD history programe is? especially in regards to gender and sexuality specilisation- I will be starting my MA hopefully this september and want to know if I stand a chance at futhering my studies. I am currently only set for a low 2:1 or a high 2:2 due to exceptional circumstances. However I do a lot outside uni which might help boost any future applications
Original post by Leo2020_hope
Hi, does anyone know how competitive MMU's PHD history programe is? especially in regards to gender and sexuality specilisation- I will be starting my MA hopefully this september and want to know if I stand a chance at futhering my studies. I am currently only set for a low 2:1 or a high 2:2 due to exceptional circumstances. However I do a lot outside uni which might help boost any future applications

MMU's PhD programme is similar in competitiveness to other universities. However, it'll most likely be easier to get into the MMU PhD programme as other students choose other universities (like Durham) due to name recognition.
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Original post by Leo2020_hope

Hi @Leo2020_hope

It's great to hear that you're interested in studying a PhD at Man Met!

Applying for a PhD can be a bit of a lengthy process so it's great that you're thinking about it now. As a first step I'd recommend that you take a look at the below link to find information about our programme. This page is a great starting point because there's information about our research centres, entry requirements, how to apply, funding and staff contact details:

https://www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/research-study/research-degree-list/5050.php

I hope this helps!!

Chloe :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending