The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol vs leeds for politics and Spanish

Hi :smile:
So I have offers to study from both Leeds and Bristol for Politics and Spanish, and I’m really struggling to decide between them. Both have given me the same entry requirements, and both seem like great options. I love both cities, however prefer the accommodation aspect of Leeds as I’ll be funding Uni with just my maintenance loan and income from a part time job (rather than any money from my parents), and so Leeds looks to be much more affordable. However, Bristol ranks better and after uni I’d love to get a graduate scheme in London or work for the civil service, and so I’d presume rankings are important. I’m not too fussed about the “rah” aspect of Bristol as I go to a grammar school and so I’m sure I can hold my own, and both cities seem to generally be quite diverse.

If anyone studies/has studied at Bristol or Leeds or just has any general advice over deciding between the two, I’d really appreciate it!
Reply 1
Original post by spaghettihoops:P
Hi :smile:
So I have offers to study from both Leeds and Bristol for Politics and Spanish, and I’m really struggling to decide between them. Both have given me the same entry requirements, and both seem like great options. I love both cities, however prefer the accommodation aspect of Leeds as I’ll be funding Uni with just my maintenance loan and income from a part time job (rather than any money from my parents), and so Leeds looks to be much more affordable. However, Bristol ranks better and after uni I’d love to get a graduate scheme in London or work for the civil service, and so I’d presume rankings are important. I’m not too fussed about the “rah” aspect of Bristol as I go to a grammar school and so I’m sure I can hold my own, and both cities seem to generally be quite diverse.

If anyone studies/has studied at Bristol or Leeds or just has any general advice over deciding between the two, I’d really appreciate it!

I'm not studying the same course but I plan to firm Bristol and put Leeds as my insurance. I've heard it's really hard to get accom for 2nd and 3rd years as its very expensive etc, even the uni accom is, but the city makes it some what worth it.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by Ayman_B
I'm not studying the same course but I plan to firm Bristol and put Leeds as my insurance. I've heard it's really hard to get accom for 2nd and 3rd years as its very expensive etc, even the uni accom is, but the city makes it some what worth it.

Nice! What accom are you applying for? And what abt the city in particular made you choose Bristol?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending