The Student Room Group

Eduqas religious studies a level 2023

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aleash
Hey everyone who did Islam, how was it and what came up? That pper was quite difficult

Hey, I found it hard also 😭 I did horrible on the first section but I thought the angles question was quite nice so I did that one (:
Reply 21
Hey does anyone have points for how “different religious views on the nature of god impact on arguments on the existence of god?”
Original post by k.07
yeah, i made a list! hope it helps
1A - 2018, 2022
1B - 2022
1C - not asked yet
1D - 2018, 2021
1E - 2020
1F - 2019

2A - 2019, 2020
2B - 2019, 2022
2C - 2021
2D - 2022
2E - not asked yet
2F - not asked yet

3A - not asked yet
3B - 2019, 2021
3C - 2022
3D - not asked yet
3E - 2018, 2020
3F - not asked yet

4A - not asked yet
4B - 2020
4C - 2018, 2020
4D - 2021
4E - 2018, 2021
4F - 2019

Hi have you got one of these for both ethics and philosophy it would help greatly if you did ?
Reply 23
Guys any predictions for philosophy other than freud/problem of evil/ontological arguments?
Reply 24
Do you think theme 4 will come up?
Reply 25
Original post by Ayeshammmm
Do you think theme 4 will come up?

all questions for theme 4 have been answered i think. im not sure if they repeat
Reply 26
Original post by lillypetel
all questions for theme 4 have been answered i think. im not sure if they repeat

Has the myths/analogies/symbols come up though?
Reply 27
Original post by hanin1608
Has the myths/analogies/symbols come up though?

yep all came up but ik analogies was 2018, so could come again?
Reply 28
yep all came up but ik analogies was 2018, so could come again?

Yup I was thinking so too..
but what hasn't come up at all yet?
Reply 29
Yup I was thinking so too..
but what hasn't come up at all yet?

ontological, challenges to inductive arguments
Reply 30

for challenges to inductive arguments, do you mean hume's arguments against the cosmological/teleological, mackie's arguments against cosmological and the scientific challenges and stuff?
Reply 31
for challenges to inductive arguments, do you mean hume's arguments against the cosmological/teleological, mackie's arguments against cosmological and the scientific challenges and stuff?

yep!! but im not sure because cosmological came up in 2021 and teleological came up 2020 and 2018. Don't the B questions include challenges normally because its an argument? so idk whether to include that as a possibility
Reply 32
yep!! but im not sure because cosmological came up in 2021 and teleological came up 2020 and 2018. Don't the B questions include challenges normally because its an argument? so idk whether to include that as a possibility

tbh they could easily bring up challenges in part a, (like for my islam paper, for part a they asked for the islamic views on scientific origins of the universe hence we had to mention stuff like big bang etc) and then for part b it was asking about science and islams 'compatability') so Id say that they could ask for the 'challenges of the cosmological/teleological argument with reference to hume' and then maybe for the part b say something like 'inductive arguments are successful in proving the existence of god'? or maybe the stem of part b could say that science is effective in disproving inductive arguments? or say that ontological arguments are more effective than telelogical/cosmological ones?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 33
tbh they could easily bring up challenges in part a, (like for my islam paper, for part a they asked for the islamic views on scientific origins of the universe hence we had to mention stuff like big bang etc) and then for part b it was asking about science and islams 'compatability') so Id say that they could ask for the 'challenges of the cosmological/teleological argument with reference to hume' and then maybe for the part b say something like 'inductive arguments are successful in proving the existence of god'? or maybe the stem of part b could say that science is effective in disproving inductive arguments? or say that ontological arguments are more effective than telelogical/cosmological ones?

if thats the case then that can be a possiblity then
Reply 34
Wait so you guys dont thibk theme 4will come up
Reply 35
Wait so you guys dont thibk theme 4will come up

honestly not sure. if eduqas want to use topics tht havent came up then topic 4 wont be there
Theme 1 or 2 Section A would be wonderful

didn't ontological come up last year tho
Reply 38
Original post by ilovepuppiez

Thats what i thought
Reply 39
Thats what i thought

Original post by ilovepuppiez

i think it was origins, but not sure if developments and challenges have been asked

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending