Original post by user123456324
He directly came up as an Ao2 tho last year being compared with jung

Yes but never has an AO1 and Jung has come up twice as a AO1
Reply 61
How did everyone feel about the paper ?? Iraneaus theodicy messed me up
Reply 62
Original post by Kokomelon

What about it messed u up? Also its over and done now, best to focus on ethics!
Pretty good tbh. I was gonna do Freud but the AO2 was weirdly worded so I did Iraneaus type theodicy instead which had a decent AO2 and the problem of evil question was rlly nice

Then I did the challenges to the Cosmo/Tel argument with both the AO1 and AO2 being rlly nice questions becuase the AO2 u could include like 7 thinkers within the paragraphs so I had so much to write about
Reply 64
what scholars other than Hume and Philo?
(Original post by user123456324)Pretty good tbh. I was gonna do Freud but the AO2 was weirdly worded so I did Iraneaus type theodicy instead which had a decent AO2 and the problem of evil question was rlly nice

Then I did the challenges to the Cosmo/Tel argument with both the AO1 and AO2 being rlly nice questions becuase the AO2 u could include like 7 thinkers within the paragraphs so I had so much to write about
well you can use any thinkers from the Cosmo/Tel argument so
Aquinas
William Lane Craig
Tenant
Paley

Then for the counters to these arguments
Hume
Darwin (Theory of evolution)
Lemaitre (Big bang)

Also who do u mean by Philo?
Original post by lillypetel
(Original post by user123456324)Pretty good tbh. I was gonna do Freud but the AO2 was weirdly worded so I did Iraneaus type theodicy instead which had a decent AO2 and the problem of evil question was rlly nice

(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 66
What about it messed u up? Also its over and done now, best to focus on ethics!

True but ethics is even worse lol!! Idk I just didn’t revise his theory properly and I was halfway through my essay when I realised I wasn’t waffling about Augustine !! 😭
Reply 67
well you can use any thinkers from the Cosmo/Tel argument so
Aquinas
William Lane Craig
Tenant
Paley

Then for the counters to these arguments
Hume
Darwin (Theory of evolution)
Lemaitre (Big bang)

Also who do u mean by Philo?

Philo spoke about apprentice Gods. And ohh yeah sorry I thought u meant 7 scholars that challenged cosmological and teleological😂😂
Im pretty sure Hume spoke about apprentice gods within his book through the character of Philo
Philo spoke about apprentice Gods. And ohh yeah sorry I thought u meant 7 scholars that challenged cosmological and teleological😂😂
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 69

Yeh honestly at A01 for Hume was a God send I was able to write so much i hope i get nearly full marks in order to make up for section A problem of evil
It was nicely worded tbf. Although It was probably my weakest of the four questions because it has a little less to write about then the others so I didnt write as much for it as the other questions but I still think i should get at least 13-15/20
Original post by dian25375
Yeh honestly at A01 for Hume was a God send I was able to write so much i hope i get nearly full marks in order to make up for section A problem of evil
Reply 71
It was nicely worded tbf. Although It was probably my weakest of the four questions because it has a little less to write about then the others so I didnt write as much for it as the other questions but I still think i should get at least 13-15/20

Serious, I thought section a 20 marker went better lol. For Hume I didn’t revise his theories proper in depth as I thought he’s more likely to come up as a challenge rather than explain all of his challenges .. hopefully we’ve done well!!
Tbf I put a decent amout of time into Hume the day before the exam because he was one of the sections that was more likely to come up

Serious, I thought section a 20 marker went better lol. For Hume I didn’t revise his theories proper in depth as I thought he’s more likely to come up as a challenge rather than explain all of his challenges .. hopefully we’ve done well!!
Reply 73
Does anyone have any predictions for ethics
does anyone think aquinas natural law could come up this year
Reply 75
Original post by ilovepuppiez
does anyone think aquinas natural law could come up this year

Basing of the pattern they seem to go, as in it came up in 2018, then not 2019, then 2020 and then not 2021 but then in 2022 it came up, I’d say possibly not, unless they want to be unpredictable (which they probably do)
Yeah I feel like this paper could be v unpredictable because of how predictable the last two have been so they can stop people from just revising like 5 sub themes
Basing of the pattern they seem to go, as in it came up in 2018, then not 2019, then 2020 and then not 2021 but then in 2022 it came up, I’d say possibly not, unless they want to be unpredictable (which they probably do)
Reply 77
Yeah I feel like this paper could be v unpredictable because of how predictable the last two have been so they can stop people from just revising like 5 sub themes

Yeh as I realised that like the Philosophy paper, Theme 2 in ethics hasn’t come up as obligatory in section A yet.
they have been testing on both papers so far on topics that haven't come up before in a level papers for example Christianity Section A was wealth and the universalism topic which both hadn't come up yet

Then Philosophy on section A was Freud which hadn't come up exclusively yet and Section B had Humes challenges to cosmo/deonto arguments which hadn't come up yet as well
Yeh as I realised that like the Philosophy paper, Theme 2 in ethics hasn’t come up as obligatory in section A yet.
Reply 79
they have been testing on both papers so far on topics that haven't come up before in a level papers for example Christianity Section A was wealth and the universalism topic which both hadn't come up yet

Then Philosophy on section A was Freud which hadn't come up exclusively yet and Section B had Humes challenges to cosmo/deonto arguments which hadn't come up yet as well

Yeh the exact same for judaism, embryo research and Yom Kippur came up when it had never before, i think sometimes we give the exam board to much credit, tbh i have been selective in my revision as they’ve never repeated a question and theres so many topics that they shouldn’t have to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending