The Student Room Group

Question about transferring

Let’s say that I have started university in September but I instantly, within the first few weeks don’t like the university and course that I am studying. I want to transfer.
Is it possible that transferring to a different university will be easier if it is earlier (like in October??)?
Let’s say that the university I want to transfer to has previously given me an unconditional offer. If I want to go there after a few weeks of starting my current Uni, is it possible (assuming they accept transfers and the course I want to study is available ETC)??
Original post by 000111bhqd
Let’s say that I have started university in September but I instantly, within the first few weeks don’t like the university and course that I am studying. I want to transfer.
Is it possible that transferring to a different university will be easier if it is earlier (like in October??)?
Let’s say that the university I want to transfer to has previously given me an unconditional offer. If I want to go there after a few weeks of starting my current Uni, is it possible (assuming they accept transfers and the course I want to study is available ETC)??

i dont think there is a yes/no answer to this i think it depends on each university and their policies for dropping out/transferring and also late entry. i think the most common way would be just reapply through ucas and join the following year instead of a transfer
(edited 10 months ago)
Each uni will determine its own cutoff for late arrivals. In thoery, yes, it's possible, but if you have that much doubt about your choices you may be better taking a year out and doing more research.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending