The Student Room Group

Freshers

How do I know if the freshers party is legit?

When do I buy them since I was planning on buying after results day even tho it says it’s refundable but people are saying it’s gonna run out and be more expensive towards the date
Original post by Anonymous
How do I know if the freshers party is legit?

When do I buy them since I was planning on buying after results day even tho it says it’s refundable but people are saying it’s gonna run out and be more expensive towards the date

Hi there

I usually only buy tickets and wristbands from apps like Fatsoma, through the student union or on the door of clubs. It can be difficult to trust other sellers as they might be scamming you or trying to get you to pay a lot more money than you need to. This will obviously depend on the university you go to, but for the most part freshers events will not sell out this early. Please dont rush into buying anything unless you are absolutely sure that you want to go. My advice would be to try and get in touch with your flatmates and see what they are planning to do as they will likely be the people that you hang out with the most throughout freshers week. Its wayy too early for unis to announce freshers events so chances are the event you are seeing is from a private company.

Hope this helps

Best wishes
Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending