The Student Room Group

A level geography NEA

Hi i am currently starting my NEA on "To investigate how formal and informal representations influence perception of place for different user groups in town Y?". i was looking for any advice, subheadings as well as some data collection techniques? Thank you
Original post by alicemay05
Hi i am currently starting my NEA on "To investigate how formal and informal representations influence perception of place for different user groups in town Y?". i was looking for any advice, subheadings as well as some data collection techniques? Thank you

sounds like a great title, biggest advice is to try any and all data collection methods even if it doesnt seem like it fits, you can always add it to your appendix at the end but i found that by doing ones i didnt initially think of, it was easier to make justified links as they could back it up (specific to mine about changes to land use but it might work for you too). also do surveys for your town - maybe a mixture of paper surveys and QR codes to digital ones that you could ask restaurants/businesses to display etc
Reply 2
Hi, I finished my NEA on marine litter pollution a few months ago

Here are the headings that I used -
Abstract
Context
Methods of Investigation
Data Presentation and Analysis
Conclusion
Evaluation
Bibliography
Appendix

I wrote 4 sub-questions for my Data Presentation and Analysis to make sure that that my research was focused and specific to that particular question. You need to use, elaborate and reference from as many different types of sources as you can. Try a mix of primary and secondary data, analysing photographs that you have taken and found online are a must! Make sure that you make lots of graphs and tables from your primary data too!
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending