The Student Room Group

OCR A-level Sociology Paper 3 (H580/03) - 14th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Guys what is the structure for the 9 and 10 marks? The exemplars comments are so confusing 😢
Reply 21
Original post by kieuthanh05
Guys what is the structure for the 9 and 10 marks? The exemplars comments are so confusing 😢

i have been taught for the 9- two ao1 points (so two paras agreeing)

and than for the 10- 4 paras 2x ao1 + 2x ao3 (two agree two disagree)

but idk this seems wrong bc a 10 is almost double a 9?

what does everyone else do
Reply 22
Original post by delilahc
i have been taught for the 9- two ao1 points (so two paras agreeing)

and than for the 10- 4 paras 2x ao1 + 2x ao3 (two agree two disagree)

but idk this seems wrong bc a 10 is almost double a 9?

what does everyone else do

i thought this as well because why am i writing so much just for one extra mark? but in the 10 marker application is worth 2 marks but it’s worth 4 in 9 marker
for the 9 marker i define the concept, do two points/ studies linked to the source
for the 10 marker i define it, do 2 studies linked to the source and an evaluation point for each study and a conclusion
For the 10 marker I've been taught to write 4 short PEEL paragraphs, 2 for and 2 against arguments with a conclusion, and at least two paragraphs should link back to the sources.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 24
Thanks guys 🙏
does anyone have predictions for the crime and deviance 20 and 40 markers?
Reply 26
for globalisation i predict the 16 marker is going to be on conflict, cultural homogenisation or postmodernism
For anyone who's doing crime and deviance I feel like the 10 marker could be on whether official crime statistics is a useful measurement of crime, as they asked the same question but on victim survey and self report studies for the past two years.
Reply 28
But they have already asked about official statistics from a past year
Reply 29
Original post by irlw
does anyone have the 2022 questions for paper 3?

Yes I do .
I have Section B
Reply 30
would anyone be able to help me with how to structure the 16 marker? I never got told
Original post by Bellan05
would anyone be able to help me with how to structure the 16 marker? I never got told

2 for, 3 against PEEL paragraph with a conclusion.
Reply 32
anyone got any guesses for crime and deviance 40 marker?
Reply 33
thank you!
Original post by Tin Yu Pang
2 for, 3 against PEEL paragraph with a conclusion.
i just realized that the 24 marker in the families section asked specifically about ethnicity and the inequalities 20 marker was also on it too. obviously we don't all do the same optional section but i think im going to look into it for crime and deviance.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 35
There hasnt been an interactionist question for crime and deviance so far or cultural criminology, so could be one of those.

Original post by irlw
anyone got any guesses for crime and deviance 40 marker?
can someone give predictions for the 20 and 40 markers in crime and deviance??
Reply 37
Original post by iamconfusionnn
i just realized that the 24 marker in the families section asked specifically about ethnicity and the 20 marker was also on it too. obviously we don't all do the same optional section but i think im going to look into it for crime and deviance.

i noticed this too omg i’m gonna do the same thing for education
Reply 38
There has also hasn't been questions on offending and vicitimisation so i would focus on those potentially
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 39
Original post by mtcarey
There has also hasn't been questions on offending and vicitimisation so i would focus on those potentially

how do you think that would be worded and for what question, the 10 marker?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending