The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level sociology

Hi, I'm in year 12 doing A-Level sociology, I was wondering if you could get an A* by only learning everything in the orange and blue textbooks?

It's not my teacher's main subject and they keep veering off the spec, so is there a simpler way to cover all the content?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Sop 27
Hi, I'm in year 12 doing A-Level sociology, I was wondering if you could get an A* by only learning everything in the orange and blue textbooks?

It's not my teacher's main subject and they keep veering off the spec, so is there a simpler way to cover all the content?

Hi! I was in a similar position to you in year 12 last year, where my teacher fell ill so we had a drama teacher who never taught a level socoiology to cover for the first few months - she only taught us using the Rob Webb textbooks. Although the information in there is decent, my actual sociology teacher says they're quite outdaded so its best to use that knowledge as well as things from other sources including youtube (tutor2u and Esher sociology are my personal favourites) and even other textbooks - i used this one :https://buuks.co.uk/product/496390?gmsp=1&gmsp=1&campaign=UK&clickid=Qe4s0363BDaFTm5&utm_source=daisycon&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=daisycon_Velka%20Shopping%20-%20EU

As long as youre making things contemporary to today's society eg talking about covid and stuff as well as making loads of synoptic links i'm pretty sure you'll be able to reach top band.

Best of Luck!

A year 13 sociology student :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by lilalzz
Hi! I was in a similar position to you in year 12 last year, where my teacher fell ill so we had a drama teacher who never taught a level socoiology to cover for the first few months - she only taught us using the Rob Webb textbooks. Although the information in there is decent, my actual sociology teacher says they're quite outdaded so its best to use that knowledge as well as things from other sources including youtube (tutor2u and Esher sociology are my personal favourites) and even other textbooks - i used this one :https://buuks.co.uk/product/496390?gmsp=1&gmsp=1&campaign=UK&clickid=Qe4s0363BDaFTm5&utm_source=daisycon&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=daisycon_Velka%20Shopping%20-%20EU

As long as youre making things contemporary to today's society eg talking about covid and stuff as well as making loads of synoptic links i'm pretty sure you'll be able to reach top band.

Best of Luck!

A year 13 sociology student :smile:

Thankyou!!

I also use those resources so that's good. We get given sociologists from like 1990 so I might find more contemporary ones lol. Pretty sure mine are the Rob Webb ones so will use those as a base to branch out on, instead of learning random bits of info, and trying to fit them into the specification.

Good luck in your A-levels :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest