The Student Room Group

Philosophy or Sociology

In terms of content - does A-level Philosophy or A-level sociology have more content? And in terms of understanding - is philosophy or sociology easier to understand? I am aiming to complete one of these subjects in a year and would like to ensure I choose the subject that will pay off at the end of the year. Thank you!
Reply 1
Original post by lydial505
In terms of content - does A-level Philosophy or A-level sociology have more content? And in terms of understanding - is philosophy or sociology easier to understand? I am aiming to complete one of these subjects in a year and would like to ensure I choose the subject that will pay off at the end of the year. Thank you!

hi! i do sociology at A level and i'm currently in year 13. I would say go for sociology to be honest. from what i've heard from the philosophy students, and even ex students, there's a LOT of content in philosophy. i also think some parts of sociology is a lot of common sense, but you would obviously just need to back it up with views from various sociologists. also, i don't know if this is even important to you, but the highest mark question you have in philosophy is 40, whilst in sociology it's only 30 markers (AQA at least). hope this helps!!
Reply 2
Original post by lydial505

defo take sociology i do a level philosophy and i regret not doing something like sociology just because it looks so much easier and has a lot less content

Quick Reply

Latest