The Student Room Group

TSR best (post-war) PM tournament - Hub thread

Welcome to the Debate and Current affairs forum!

TSR Has decided to host a tournament to see who is the best post-war UK Prime minister

During this month, the Volunteer team will be running some polls to see who you think was the best post-war UK Prime minister
We would love it if people voted in the polls during this month.

How will this work?
Once the group stages of stage 1 is completed, the top two from each pool will move through to Stage 2.

Then in each pool, the 2 top PMs from stage 1 will face off each other to decide which of the 2 PMs from each category move on to stage 3/the Semi Final

The PM from Pool A will face the PM from Pool B in the semi-final and the PM from Pool C will face the PM from Pool D

Then the 2 PMs who have won in each of the rounds in the semi-final will face each other in the Final to see who's the best British Prime Minister.

How do I participate?
Simply vote in any of the polls linked below, post in the threads with your viewpoint too if you wish.

What do you want to see from the History forum?
Tell us what you want to see from the History forum so that when the Volunteer Team runs more projects like this, we can involve even more people.

We are currently on stage/round 1 of the voting and you can vote for more than one PM in each poll:
Pool A (voting closes 4th July).
Pool B (voting closes 4th July).
Pool C (voting closes 8th July).
Pool D (voting closes 8th July).

We are currently on stage/round 2 aka the Quarter-final of the voting and this time you only can vote for one PM in each poll:
Quarter-final 1 (voting closes 10th July).
Quarter-final 2 (voting closes 10th July).
Quarter-final 3 (voting closes 12th July).
Quarter-final 4 (voting closes 12th July).

We are currently on stage/round 3 aka the Semi-final of the voting and once again you only can vote for one PM in each poll:
Semi-final 1 (voting closes 15th July).
Semi-final 2 (voting closes 15th July).

We are currently on stage/round 4 aka the Final of the voting and once again you only can vote for one PM in each poll:
Final (voting closes 17th July, 8pm BST).
(edited 9 months ago)
bumping this
Pool C and D are out (Links are in the OP).

Quoting people who have voted in Pool A&B:

Spoiler

I already predict that the winner will come from Pool A or B :rofl:
Original post by Saracen's Fez
I already predict that the winner will come from Pool A or B :rofl:

Maybe, who knows, depends on how many people vote in the polls and who votes, could maybe have Liz Truss win as a meme though, but I will not be surprised if she gets no votes :lol:.
We are now in the quarter finals!
Quoting people who have voted in Pool A-D:

Spoiler

Quarter-final 3&4 are out (link in OP)
We are now in the semi-finals!
Quoting people who have voted in a thread so far:

Spoiler

It is now the Final!
Quoting people who have voted in a thread so far:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest