The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

warwick accom 2023

could anyone who goes warwick give a pros and cons list of the diff accoms. im confused which to put and i really want an ensuite, someth close to physics department and the sports and wellness hub, with a good balance of party and study.
Reply 1
Distance to physics is similar for all en suites since it's so central, as is the library (you're looking at maybe 2 minutes more walking from Heronbank/Lakeside area compared to the central campus ones). Heronbank/Lakeside are by far the most convenient for the sports hub, but it's only 5-10 minutes extra walking from central campus ones.

Central campus ones: close to SU and Rootes.
Arthur Vick: Not sure how loud this usually is. Have to move out over Easter so can be a bit inconvenient, but save on rent.
Jack Martin: Same as Arthur Vick really, just slightly smaller/older looking rooms and a fair amount cheaper. Also have to move out over Easter.
Bluebell: Fancy, but very expensive so wouldn't recommend unless money is no issue! Also has a bit of a reputation for being boring, but that obviously varies year to year with whoever lives there.

Lakeside area ones: Super pretty area (less so for Sherbourne but it's not bad), quiet most of the time, very close to sports hub. Bit of a long walk to Tesco, but people just get delivery as a flat if they can't be bothered with that.
Heronbank: cheapest en suite, definitely a bit dated but perfectly fine. Reputation for being quiet, but that's quite nice, as you can go party elsewhere and then come home and actually be able to study/sleep!
Lakeside: Similar to Heronbank, just slightly bigger rooms and bigger beds (3/4 double). Also reputation for being quiet, although I ended up in a real party flat while I was there, so very much depends on the cohort.
Sherbourne: Bit more modern than the other two, slightly further out, but I've not heard many bad things.

Cryfield Apartments/Townhouses: Kind of in their own area, very close to central campus and also to sports stuff, so sounds like it might be a good balance for you location-wise. It's got a good social space and a relatively modern vibe, and generally seems to have a good balance of parties without being too loud. Does sometimes have noise issues being so close to the SU and sports pitches (e.g. Eurovision screening, football tournaments).

Since you'll need to pick some non-en-suite options too, I'd recommend Claycroft, since you only share the bathroom with one other person (and as a bonus it's really close to Tesco). Also Tocil, since that's only sharing between 4 students, and it's in quite a nice location.

Probably avoid Rootes as it tends to have less of a study/party balance, and maybe avoid Westwood (it's lovely, but a bit of a trek if you plan to go to the sports hub often).
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Distance to physics is similar for all en suites since it's so central, as is the library (you're looking at maybe 2 minutes more walking from Heronbank/Lakeside area compared to the central campus ones). Heronbank/Lakeside are by far the most convenient for the sports hub, but it's only 5-10 minutes extra walking from central campus ones.

Central campus ones: close to SU and Rootes.
Arthur Vick: Not sure how loud this usually is. Have to move out over Easter so can be a bit inconvenient, but save on rent.
Jack Martin: Same as Arthur Vick really, just slightly smaller/older looking rooms and a fair amount cheaper. Also have to move out over Easter.
Bluebell: Fancy, but very expensive so wouldn't recommend unless money is no issue! Also has a bit of a reputation for being boring, but that obviously varies year to year with whoever lives there.

Lakeside area ones: Super pretty area (less so for Sherbourne but it's not bad), quiet most of the time, very close to sports hub. Bit of a long walk to Tesco, but people just get delivery as a flat if they can't be bothered with that.
Heronbank: cheapest en suite, definitely a bit dated but perfectly fine. Reputation for being quiet, but that's quite nice, as you can go party elsewhere and then come home and actually be able to study/sleep!
Lakeside: Similar to Heronbank, just slightly bigger rooms and bigger beds (3/4 double). Also reputation for being quiet, although I ended up in a real party flat while I was there, so very much depends on the cohort.
Sherbourne: Bit more modern than the other two, slightly further out, but I've not heard many bad things.

Cryfield Apartments/Townhouses: Kind of in their own area, very close to central campus and also to sports stuff, so sounds like it might be a good balance for you location-wise. It's got a good social space and a relatively modern vibe, and generally seems to have a good balance of parties without being too loud. Does sometimes have noise issues being so close to the SU and sports pitches (e.g. Eurovision screening, football tournaments).

Since you'll need to pick some non-en-suite options too, I'd recommend Claycroft, since you only share the bathroom with one other person (and as a bonus it's really close to Tesco). Also Tocil, since that's only sharing between 4 students, and it's in quite a nice location.

Probably avoid Rootes as it tends to have less of a study/party balance, and maybe avoid Westwood (it's lovely, but a bit of a trek if you plan to go to the sports hub often).

thank you for the help!
im thinking of putting:
1- arthur vick
2- cryfield townhouses
(not sure which order for those 2 yet)
3- sherbourne or lakeside
4- claycroft
5- tocil
6- cryfield standard

Quick Reply

Latest