The Student Room Group

f1 epq

My epq topic is, How have recent accidents shown the necessity of the halo in formula one and how could it have prevented accidents in the past?
but i'm stuck on how to structure my essay. i don't want to choose this then not be able to complete it.
Original post by m.jmr
My epq topic is, How have recent accidents shown the necessity of the halo in formula one and how could it have prevented accidents in the past?
but i'm stuck on how to structure my essay. i don't want to choose this then not be able to complete it.

this sounds awesome but make sure whatever question you pick has enough data, information and research to support it - maybe look at 'to what extent are generations of formula 1 cars safe' and i would then look at
1. how cars were designed when it first started in the 50's
2. incidents, crashes and fatalities in early seasons
3. how cars have evolved to 2000's
4. history of safety updates
5. 2000-2015 pre halo incidents, crashes and fatalities - jules bianchi for sure but also drivers not wanting the halo on cars
6. post halo cars and other safety updates to cars as well as tracks and regulations to keep it safe
7. looking at modern instances where the halo has successfully protected drivers (silverstone 2022 with zhou guanyu's big crash, lewis hamilton, marcus ericsson etc) as well as regulations like fireproof suits for romain grojean's fireball etc
if you wanted to do an artefact instead, maybe you could look into designing or making a model of a car? or the evolution of safety in cars so various models - i say this as you dont want your project to become a factfile instead of something evaluative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending