The Student Room Group

Mechanical engineering university

I have narrowed my university choices to 3 for an integrated mechanical engineering master's course: Bath, Nottingham and Southampton. Initially, Bath was my top choice however I recently visited and was not impressed by the facilities and did not like the course structure as much. I want to go into F1 in the future, so the placement is important for me which is why I initially chose Bath. Have people got any advice on what to choose - specifically to get into F1 but also general experience?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:
Original post by stuckstudent84
I have narrowed my university choices to 3 for an integrated mechanical engineering master's course: Bath, Nottingham and Southampton. Initially, Bath was my top choice however I recently visited and was not impressed by the facilities and did not like the course structure as much. I want to go into F1 in the future, so the placement is important for me which is why I initially chose Bath. Have people got any advice on what to choose - specifically to get into F1 but also general experience?

Any advice would be appreciated :smile:

Oxford Brookes is a target for F1 as their Motorsport Enginnering degree was designed with F1.

Do they all particiapte in Formula Student? Have you visited the others?
Original post by Muttley79
Oxford Brookes is a target for F1 as their Motorsport Enginnering degree was designed with F1.

Do they all particiapte in Formula Student? Have you visited the others?

I've visited them all. Southampton came second last year and at bath you can do formula student as your final and 3rd year projects. I'm doing a mechanical degree to try and keep as many options open as possible but I may transfer to mechanical with automotive later.
Original post by stuckstudent84
I've visited them all. Southampton came second last year and at bath you can do formula student as your final and 3rd year projects. I'm doing a mechanical degree to try and keep as many options open as possible but I may transfer to mechanical with automotive later.

hi if you dont mind me aksing what happened in the end and where are you now?

Quick Reply

Latest