The Student Room Group

What Universities are best for getting into F1 ?

Hi, I'm currently studying maths and physics at A-levels, and next year I would like to go to a UK University to study automotive or motorsport engineering so I can get a job in F1 or in motorsport, but I'm not quite sure which universities to put in my application.

I've done a lot of research and the best ones seem to be Oxford brookes, Loughbourough, Bath, Southampton, Leeds, and Surrey.

However, before I can make my decision, I'd like to hear your opinions on which universities you think would be the best out of the ones I listed above.

I'd also like to know wether you think it's better to go to Oxford Brookes since it has the most connections with F1 and gives the best chance of getting into it, or one that's a lot higher ranked and higher rated as a university in general, but that gives a slightly lower chance of getting into F1 (even if i's still a very good chance).

Thanks for your help.
(edited 1 year ago)
Depends what type of role you want to do in F1 as well as what other goals you have.
(edited 1 year ago)
I have done a lot of research on this matter. Oxford Brookes (Motorsport) and Loughborough (Automotive) are definitely the best and I am pretty confused between the two. Bath, Sheffield, Leeds are great too. If you are more into the aero side, you should look at Southampton
Reply 3
Have you considered a degree apprenticeship with an F1 team. https://www.bestapprenticeships.com/f1-apprenticeships/
If it is a degree apprenticeship, you would still get a degree while working with an F1 team.
Original post by TVRteacher
Have you considered a degree apprenticeship with an F1 team. https://www.bestapprenticeships.com/f1-apprenticeships/
If it is a degree apprenticeship, you would still get a degree while working with an F1 team.

The degree apprenticeships are a great way if you want to work on manufacturing, car assembly…

However if you want to work in the R&D and especially so if want to work on aero or propulsion it’s really required to go the degree route.

Quick Reply

Latest