The Student Room Group

Dropped out of HND

Hi i dropped out of a HND around 7 months in in 2017 due to illness
the college i attend however said i attended the entire time and received maintenance from 2017 to 2018 ( which is something due to reviews I've read, they do a lot) i didn't get a certificate or diploma

my question is i'd like to finally go back to learning by starting with a foundation then onto a BA how will the previous issue affect me SFE wise
please help me id really like to go back and study
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Faeee
Hi i dropped out of a HND around 7 months in in 2017 due to illness
the college i attend however said i attended the entire time and received maintenance from 2017 to 2018 ( which is something due to reviews I've read, they do a lot) i didn't get a certificate or diploma

my question is i'd like to finally go back to learning by starting with a foundation then onto a BA how will the previous issue affect me SFE wise
please help me id really like to go back and study

Hi there,

Every student is entitled to one additional year of funding. So, based on what you've said you've used this, so you'll be entitled to funding for any new course you study. This applies even if the course is 4 years long.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Every student is entitled to one additional year of funding. So, based on what you've said you've used this, so you'll be entitled to funding for any new course you study. This applies even if the course is 4 years long.

Thanks, Graeme

hi its more like a year and a half on maintenance but the collage claimed fees till 2019 i tried to get them to stop but i got extremely sick
would it still be the same?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Faeee
hi its more like a year and a half on maintenance but the collage claimed fees till 2019 i tried to get them to stop but i got extremely sick
would it still be the same?

Hi there,

If you attended and/or received payments for 2 academic years, this would be taken into account as 2 years previous study. That means you would normally self fund the Tuition Fees in the first year of the new course, unless you had Compelling Personal Reasons as to why you were unable to complete the course. You can upload a letter from a 3rd party professional such as a GP or university, that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending