The Student Room Group

Refused tuition loan with student finance

Hi,
I've been refused my tuition loan for my HND.
2 years ago I dropped out of uni during the first year, last year I completed my HNC. They are now saying that I don't qualify for tuition fee funding for my HND top up.

Anyone had anything similar happen ?
Original post by St12356
Hi,
I've been refused my tuition loan for my HND.
2 years ago I dropped out of uni during the first year, last year I completed my HNC. They are now saying that I don't qualify for tuition fee funding for my HND top up.

Anyone had anything similar happen ?

Hi there,

How many year of previous study do you have in total? (including your recent HNC)

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

How many year of previous study do you have in total? (including your recent HNC)

Thanks, Clare

In total just two.
Original post by St12356
In total just two.

Hi there,

What is the duration of the HND course? An actual 'top up' course is usually a degree, can you confirm if you have a level 4 HNC and now want to attend a level 5 HND course? Can you confirm the duration of the HND course and the name of course/university?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hi there,

What is the duration of the HND course? An actual 'top up' course is usually a degree, can you confirm if you have a level 4 HNC and now want to attend a level 5 HND course? Can you confirm the duration of the HND course and the name of course/university?

Thanks, Clare

I have messaged you clare

Thanks
Original post by St12356
I have messaged you clare

Thanks

Hi there,

I cannot see your message, can you type it here again please?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 6
Hi there,

I cannot see your message, can you type it here again please?

Thanks, Clare

I have a level 4 hnc yes, and it is a level 5 HND that I want to attend. It is a one year course and then the degree top up is another 1 year course after that.

The name is engineering HND top up
And the university is Nelson and Colne college university centre

Thanks
Original post by St12356
I have a level 4 hnc yes, and it is a level 5 HND that I want to attend. It is a one year course and then the degree top up is another 1 year course after that.

The name is engineering HND top up
And the university is Nelson and Colne college university centre

Thanks

Hi there,

We do not provide funding for an education provider under that name unfortunately. Can you double check this? It might be another university name.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 8
Hi there,

We do not provide funding for an education provider under that name unfortunately. Can you double check this? It might be another university name.

Thanks, Clare

Sorry its just Nelson & Colne college
Original post by St12356
Sorry its just Nelson & Colne college

Thanks, I do see the HND Engineering (top-up) on the system. If you want to contact us on 0300 100 0607 or the live chat in your account we can check to ensure this was the course entered it and help you further. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending