The Student Room Group

A level chem other boards

Can anyone tell me if it would be advisable to practice a level chemistry/bio questions from other boards when I do aqa for them?
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by Chickenunicorn17
Can anyone tell me if it would be advisable to practice a level chemistry questions from other boards when I do aqa ?

I don’t see the harm in trying other exam boards papers.

Just bear in mind that there are some topics exclusive to each exam board (i.e Edexcel assesses more in-depth thermodynamics and grignard reagents, OCR assesses more aromatic chemistry than the others and AQA assesses DNA chemistry)
Original post by TypicalNerd
I don’t see the harm in trying other exam boards papers.

Just bear in mind that there are some topics exclusive to each exam board (i.e Edexcel assesses more in-depth thermodynamics and grignard reagents, OCR assesses more aromatic chemistry than the others and AQA assesses DNA chemistry)

thank you, I appreciate that...i am just worried about the specificty ..like do u think my answers for my own board would be compromised by this?
thank you, I appreciate that...i am just worried about the specificty ..like do u think my answers for my own board would be compromised by this?

For topics that each exam board has in common, the science is still the same, so I highly doubt you’d have a lot of problems with specificity there. There probably are a few minor differences, but in my experience of using various exam boards papers in my own A level studies, I never noticed any.

Calculation questions should be the most consistent questions across all the exam boards, though. So there is definitely no harm whatsoever in doing calculation questions from other exam boards.
Reply 4
Can anyone tell me if it would be advisable to practice a level chemistry/bio questions from other boards when I do aqa for them?

Heya!

Yes but just be careful, it is important to note that exam formats and question styles may vary across different exam boards. This is because each exam board has its unique format and structure for their exams. By practising with AQA-specific resources, you become familiar with the style of questions, the format of the papers, and the specific requirements of the AQA syllabus. This can help you better prepare for the AQA exams and be more confident in tackling the questions. If it helps, Study Mind has free resources across different boards!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by TypicalNerd
For topics that each exam board has in common, the science is still the same, so I highly doubt you’d have a lot of problems with specificity there. There probably are a few minor differences, but in my experience of using various exam boards papers in my own A level studies, I never noticed any.

Calculation questions should be the most consistent questions across all the exam boards, though. So there is definitely no harm whatsoever in doing calculation questions from other exam boards.

thanksss

Quick Reply

Latest