The Student Room Group

Predicted CCE - wish to apply for dentistry

I'm currently in year 12, i got CCE as my predicted. obviously, i was disheartened and depressed but it was due to my own lack of effort and work...

I strongly want to apply Dentistry but now it's hopeless

i'm currently struggling with a deterioriting mental state ... felt like my whole life has fallen apart

Please please offer me advice and suggestions much appreciated
Has anyone been in a similar situation? am i alone?
What can I do next ?
Any other routes that can turn this dreaful situation around?
Should i think of doing another degree but there's no hope i would get into any unis with my rubbish grades?
(edited 10 months ago)
You are in year 12 so you shouldn't give up! The only thing that matters is what you get in your final A Level exams. You can always take a gap year or repeat year 12 so that you could get higher predicted grades. But do not worry you still have the chance to do Dentistry as long as your final grades fit the entry requirements. Many people who get really good predicted grades in year 12 still do not manage to get into the course as they did not do well in their UCAT, so many people have been in similar situations. Another option you could do is a dental nurse apprenticeship from then which you can go onto studying dentistry with after qualifying as a dental nurse. If you do not want to do that and at the end of year 13 your final grades cannot get you into dentistry, you can consider other dental routes such as dental hygiene and therapy which typically require ABB at the highest or BBC at the lowest.

The most important message is don't stress yourself out, there are many students who have been in your situation. Speak to your teachers about possible options. People have their own timeline so your life is far from falling apart! Wish you the best in your studies, I hope this helped! :rofl2:

Quick Reply

Latest