The Student Room Group

Gap Year & Medicine

Hello Everyone !

Alright , to start off , I’m going to get terrible predicted grades. I haven’t had the best year as well , and the grades will reflect that. I’m thinking maximum ‘BCD’ lowest ‘CCE’ . So it’s not looking good.

The question I wanted to ask was as I’ll take Alevels next year and (cross fingers) get the desired ‘AAA’ needed for the course I want to take ( Med) , do I take the UCAT & BMAT this year ? Because I will be abroad volunteering next and I would like to start Uni in 2025 , so I’m eternally confused. Because I mean to do the UCAT etc this year , and apply next year whilst I am abroad , and take my interviews (if I receive any) whilst I am abroad too .

tldr - do i take ucat & bmat this year if I’m applying for 2025 med ? and is it possible to take admission interviews and complete the ucas application whilst abroad ?

thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by beewee
Hello Everyone !

Alright , to start off , I’m going to get terrible predicted grades. I haven’t had the best year as well , and the grades will reflect that. I’m thinking maximum ‘BCD’ lowest ‘CCE’ . So it’s not looking good.

The question I wanted to ask was as I’ll take Alevels next year and (cross fingers) get the desired ‘AAA’ needed for the course I want to take ( Med) , do I take the UCAT & BMAT this year ? Because I will be abroad volunteering next and I would like to start Uni in 2025 , so I’m eternally confused. Because I mean to do the UCAT etc this year , and apply next year whilst I am abroad , and take my interviews (if I receive any) whilst I am abroad too .

tldr - do i take ucat & bmat this year if I’m applying for 2025 med ? and is it possible to take admission interviews and complete the ucas application whilst abroad ?

thanks x

UCAT and BMAT results are only valid for one year so, I think you have to wait till 2024 to do them if you are starting uni in 2025.
Reply 2
If you want to apply for medicine 2025 entry, then don't take the UCAT this year. You'll only be able to use the score you got this year for 2024 entry. I would also check with the medical schools you plan to apply to that they allow remote interviews. It would be a nightmare if you put all the work into your application just to be denied at the final stage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending