The Student Room Group

Should I resit year 12?

I take politics, criminology and performing arts. I'm pretty concerned about what my predicted grades will be. I'm sure I've scored highly for PA, however I'm worried about politics. I've been getting through criminology alright, but politics is my main worry. If my predicted grades are all terrible, is it worth resitting year 12? I want to go to university for either criminology or PA, and I'm currently looking at Warwick. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Original post by Da3nerys
I take politics, criminology and performing arts. I'm pretty concerned about what my predicted grades will be. I'm sure I've scored highly for PA, however I'm worried about politics. I've been getting through criminology alright, but politics is my main worry. If my predicted grades are all terrible, is it worth resitting year 12? I want to go to university for either criminology or PA, and I'm currently looking at Warwick. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Speak to ur head of year or whoever decides the grades because at most schools they give you a chance to take another exam after u get back from the summer to see if you can improve ur predicted grades. Or alternatively just work really hard get good results and apply the year after and take a gap year
Reply 2
Original post by user123456324
Speak to ur head of year or whoever decides the grades because at most schools they give you a chance to take another exam after u get back from the summer to see if you can improve ur predicted grades. Or alternatively just work really hard get good results and apply the year after and take a gap year

Thank you! This year has been quite hard for me because I'm autistic, and my teachers have said that I'm getting along fine despite this. I just personally feel like I could be achieving more. Thank you for your feedback :smile:
Original post by Da3nerys

Thanks!

I would see what you could do with politics, as at around april of y12 my teacher said ''you probably wont get higher than a C'' in biology, so out of spite i decided to prove him worng, i resat a mock, then got a B at the end of y12, then since then ive been getting high B's and now my y13 teacher said i can get an A/A* depending on how the exams are....so at the end of the day, keep pushing through, itll workout
Reply 4
Original post by happycheese423
I would see what you could do with politics, as at around april of y12 my teacher said ''you probably wont get higher than a C'' in biology, so out of spite i decided to prove him worng, i resat a mock, then got a B at the end of y12, then since then ive been getting high B's and now my y13 teacher said i can get an A/A* depending on how the exams are....so at the end of the day, keep pushing through, itll workout

Yeah, I'm gonna keep pushing through. I don't think I'll do that well for this politics mock, but I know that we will get our predicted grades based on our attitude to learning as well as our homework; so I'll push through. If worse comes to worst I'll just resit year 13, but I'll do my best to succeed! Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest