The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine in the UK

Hello, I am currently in year 12 and I do chemistry, biology, maths and Spanish for my alevel subjects. I would like to go to any vet med unis in the uk and I live in Spain now. I am willing to get an A for Spanish and A* for chem, bio, and math and my GCSE grades are maths Spanish 8, bio chem 7, eng lit 6, eng lang business art 5. my ielts grade is 7.0 and I'm prob gonna do work experience this summer. would these be enough to get accepted to any vet unis in the UK? also should i do EPQ? + my first alevel grades were maths A, chemistry & biology B but im also considering abt resitting them
you would be best contacting the unis direct as you don't seem to have as many GCSEs as a UK student would need. Some vet schools don't allow resits so don't apply to them. You would need an A in chemistry for most of the vet schools.
You would definitely need work experience before the application in October of yr 13.
Reply 2
Original post by ReadingMum
you would be best contacting the unis direct as you don't seem to have as many GCSEs as a UK student would need. Some vet schools don't allow resits so don't apply to them. You would need an A in chemistry for most of the vet schools.
You would definitely need work experience before the application in October of yr 13.
What about resitting my GCSEs? would that also affect?
Original post by seleneee
What about resitting my GCSEs? would that also affect?
I don't know. There are only 11 (or 12?) vet schools in the UK. By looking at the websites for entry criteria you can take the ones that don't allow resits off the list (the Scottish ones?). For what is left you can email them for advice as your education is not UK standard. They will be able to tell you if they would consider you or if you should resit subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by ReadingMum
I don't know. There are only 11 (or 12?) vet schools in the UK. By looking at the websites for entry criteria you can take the ones that don't allow resits off the list (the Scottish ones?). For what is left you can email them for advice as your education is not UK standard. They will be able to tell you if they would consider you or if you should resit subjects.
thank you sm! guess I will email them tonight :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending