The Student Room Group

How do I resit A level maths

I am a year 13 student studying maths bio and geography. I think I can get decent grades for bio and geo but I am really struggling with maths and it’s likely I won’t get the C grade I need as a minimum. My fault as I hardly did any work in year 12 and I now have a lot of gaps. My school won’t take resit students. What are my options to resit A level maths next year ( or maybe even another A level if I don’t well)? I am not good at self studying at home so I will need to be in a classroom or have some sort of structure. Do I ring colleges around me now to ask about it? I am worried that by the time I get my results back I won’t be able to apply anywhere for 2024. I hear a lot of people talking about resits but I have no idea how it’s possible? Not sure if it makes a difference but I really want to get into a degree apprenticeship. I applied to quite a few but I need at least a C. Uni could be an option too. Thanks
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Natnatnatbaby
I am a year 13 student studying maths bio and geography. I think I can get decent grades for bio and geo but I am really struggling with maths and it’s likely I won’t get the C grade I need as a minimum. My fault as I hardly did any work in year 12 and I now have a lot of gaps. My school won’t take resit students. What are my options to resit A level maths next year ( or maybe even another A level if I don’t well)? I am not good at self studying at home so I will need to be in a classroom or have some sort of structure. Do I ring colleges around me now to ask about it? I am worried that by the time I get my results back I won’t be able to apply anywhere for 2024. I hear a lot of people talking about resits but I have no idea how it’s possible? Not sure if it makes a difference but I really want to get into a degree apprenticeship. I applied to quite a few but I need at least a C. Uni could be an option too. Thanks

Probably you should try to sit at home in a peaceful environment alone and try to study maths in the early mornings when your mind is fresh. You should learn maths from solving past papers questions. And if you aren’t able to solve them then first understand the basics from YouTube videos and then see videos of past papers question solving. This would be a great help to you. Try this technique it will work.

Quick Reply

Latest