The Student Room Group

Why is she leaving some of my messages on seen? Am I overthinking?

I had been chatting with this girl(let's call her B as her name starts with B) since 28th May 2023. We used to be in the same school as me but we didn't know each other in school days as she was my junior. Now she is in 1st year of college and she is 19 year old and I am in last year of college and I am a 22 year old guy. I also asked out my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 soon but she is yet to reply about when we can meet as she isn't that active on Instagram. Me and B has been chatting on Instagram daily and we share everything what happens to us in the day. We are in different colleges now but her college is very near to my home. She seemed happy chatting with me and we send each other virtual hugs too and I started liking her but since yesterday things changed a bit. She has been leaving some of my messages on seen at times since yesterday even though her replies were normal. She said she had fever and cold yesterday so she wasn't feeling well so maybe thats why her replies were slow but today I messaged her and asked her how is she so she said she is studying now for the exam she has on Thursday in her college as she wasn't feeling well to study at morning. Then I replied that I hope I didn't disturb her during her studying but she left that message on seen and didn't reply. Usually she used to pretty reply to all my messages so I am worried. I am overthinking that what if she is bored of chatting with me and is trying to avoid or ghost me. I do wanna ask her out but now I am scared because my childhood friend isn't coming online and B is also doing like this and I recently got rejected by 3 girls and I never had a girlfriend before. Is B angry on me and avoiding my messages or am I overthinking?
Reply 1
If i were you. Id think: I'm wasting my life chasing a girl, who may not be interested in me. Instead, I could focus on Self Development, EG the Gym.

You'll find the right girl soon enough
Hey there,

I understand that you're going through a mix of emotions right now, and it's natural to feel unsure and overthink the situation. It's important to remember that people's behavior and circumstances can vary, and there could be many reasons for the change in her response patterns.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst, it's better to give her the benefit of the doubt. She mentioned that she wasn't feeling well and had exams coming up, so it's possible that she's currently focused on her studies and needs some time to herself. It doesn't necessarily mean she's angry or avoiding you.

In situations like this, it's crucial to communicate openly and honestly. If you're concerned about her recent behavior, it's okay to express your feelings in a respectful manner. Let her know that you value your friendship and appreciate the conversations you've had so far. Ask her if everything is okay and if there's anything you can do to support her during this time.

Remember, building relationships takes time and patience. It's important not to let past rejections or fears discourage you. Keep an open mind and continue nurturing connections with others. Focus on building your confidence and pursuing your own personal growth.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Take this as an opportunity to learn and grow, both in your interactions with others and in your own self-discovery. Believe in yourself, and don't let setbacks define your worth. Keep exploring new connections and experiences, and eventually, the right person will come into your life.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I had been chatting with this girl(let's call her B as her name starts with B) since 28th May 2023.

I also asked out my childhood friend who is 21 turning 22 soon but she is yet to reply about when we can meet as she isn't that active on Instagram.

I do wanna ask her out but now I am scared because my childhood friend isn't coming online and B is also doing like this and I recently got rejected by 3 girls and I never had a girlfriend before. Is B angry on me and avoiding my messages or am I overthinking?

You are underthinking things. A week ago you were in love with girl A; you haven't had the courtesy to cancel your date request to her, and are already wanting to ask out another girl. Why so fickle? And why no phone calls to them?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359735
Reply 4
Original post by Surnia
You are underthinking things. A week ago you were in love with girl A; you haven't had the courtesy to cancel your date request to her, and are already wanting to ask out another girl. Why so fickle? And why no phone calls to them?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359735

Because I don't have their phone numbers. I haven't talked with my childhood friend since 2011 in person so obviously I don't have her number. She hardly gets online on Instagram so I couldn't ask for her number yet. I only had been chatting with this other girl B for 3-4 weeks so I am afraid whether she will be comfortable to share her number or not. I already got rejected by 3 girls recently and they all blocked me too so I am afraid that B might block me too if I ask her number.
Original post by WhoStoleMyName?
Hey there,

I understand that you're going through a mix of emotions right now, and it's natural to feel unsure and overthink the situation. It's important to remember that people's behavior and circumstances can vary, and there could be many reasons for the change in her response patterns.

Instead of jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst, it's better to give her the benefit of the doubt. She mentioned that she wasn't feeling well and had exams coming up, so it's possible that she's currently focused on her studies and needs some time to herself. It doesn't necessarily mean she's angry or avoiding you.

In situations like this, it's crucial to communicate openly and honestly. If you're concerned about her recent behavior, it's okay to express your feelings in a respectful manner. Let her know that you value your friendship and appreciate the conversations you've had so far. Ask her if everything is okay and if there's anything you can do to support her during this time.

Remember, building relationships takes time and patience. It's important not to let past rejections or fears discourage you. Keep an open mind and continue nurturing connections with others. Focus on building your confidence and pursuing your own personal growth.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Take this as an opportunity to learn and grow, both in your interactions with others and in your own self-discovery. Believe in yourself, and don't let setbacks define your worth. Keep exploring new connections and experiences, and eventually, the right person will come into your life.

Wow you just wasted so much time here :redface:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Because I don't have their phone numbers. I haven't talked with my childhood friend since 2011 in person so obviously I don't have her number. She hardly gets online on Instagram so I couldn't ask for her number yet. I only had been chatting with this other girl B for 3-4 weeks so I am afraid whether she will be comfortable to share her number or not. I already got rejected by 3 girls recently and they all blocked me too so I am afraid that B might block me too if I ask her number.

Are you surprised at being rejected? If all you are doing is flitting from girl to girl online, you'll come over as insincere, boring and incapable of proper conversation or commitment. Have you told B about A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending