The Student Room Group

Boyfriend on "Lads holiday"

I was wondering if anyone has any advice. I've been in two year and a half relationships and have been cheated on in both of them.
I have been with my current partner for seven months and he's currently on a guys holiday. He's away with about 10 of his friends and half of them are in relationships. Since meeting him I've opened up about my past and the things I struggle with in relationships due to getting cheated on, he helps me a lot. He knows I get anxious about things and overthink and if anyone ever messages him he tells me straight away and shows me the messages. I really feel like he's got my trust to a certain extent but due to my past I don't think he'll get my full 100% trust. He's on night three out of seven of his holiday and I'm struggling a little bit and don't know if I'm just overthinking.
He FaceTimes me on my lunch during work and also at night before he goes to bed, he's constantly messaging me during the day but when he goes out at night I'm struggling to sleep. He's a party guy and usually doesn't get back to hotel until about 3/4 then they stay up drinking till about 7. He messages me to let me know he's going to bed and constantly tells me he loves me. I know it sounds bad that I don't fully trust him but he knows I trust him as much as I can but due to my past and the fact my ex's cheated on me in similar setting it triggers me but I really am ready for him and think he's the one
Can you trust a guy on a guys holiday, does it sound like I have anything to worry about.

Scroll to see replies

He wouldn't be hanging on the phone talking to you so much if he were going to cheat. Trust him.
Reply 2
It just depends on can u trust him, if someone is the type of person to cheat, they will cheat whether or not u try to stop them. You just have to make sure ur with someone u trust, if u trust them then thats all u have to do. Worrying about it isnt gonna stop anything. I completely understand how u feel and its unfortnately one of those things u just gotta learn to deal with
I think he's doing everything he can. To be honest this level of 'checking in' is a bit OTT to me, but I appreciate your concerns given your past.
Reply 4
No mate I've ever been on a boozy holiday with has ever cheated on their mrs whilst there.
Original post by 1582
He wouldn't be hanging on the phone talking to you so much if he were going to cheat. Trust him.

Actually he could he may just be using the phone as a way to just reassure obviously OP has stated that she does have anxious and overthinks although he may just be reassuring her for him to also then therefore get away with it and to go clubbing/partying yet come back at 3 or 4am that too when he claims he is going to “bed” is suspicious….especially if he was going with a bunch of boys why so late…
Reply 6
Original post by Mohammed_80
Actually he could he may just be using the phone as a way to just reassure obviously OP has stated that she does have anxious and overthinks although he may just be reassuring her for him to also then therefore get away with it and to go clubbing/partying yet come back at 3 or 4am that too when he claims he is going to “bed” is suspicious….especially if he was going with a bunch of boys why so late…

I went to Portugal, on my own, for the entirety of June and wasn't home before 4am once. It's entirely normal.
Original post by gjd800
I went to Portugal, on my own, for the entirety of June and wasn't home before 4am once. It's entirely normal.

That’s you mate your not OP boyfriend though… and you don’t know OP boyfriend… how certain are you
Reply 8
That’s you mate your not OP boyfriend though… and you don’t know OP boyfriend… how certain are you

You said it's suspicious to be out till that time, and I am telling you that it's not. Have you ever been to a tourist drinking spot? I used to work in them, never mind all the time I've been on holiday to them. All the bars are open till 4 and the groups of lads are the first in and last to leave.

In any case, my judgement is equally as valid as yours - you don't know the OP or their fella, and here you are casting aspersions about him anyway. A bit of projection going on.
I've been on a fair few 'blokes' holidays. Never known anyone to do anything silly and there's been plenty of late nights.
Original post by gjd800
You said it's suspicious to be out till that time, and I am telling you that it's not. Have you ever been to a tourist drinking spot? I used to work in them, never mind all the time I've been on holiday to them. All the bars are open till 4 and the groups of lads are the first in and last to leave.

In any case, my judgement is equally as valid as yours - you don't know the OP or their fella, and here you are casting aspersions about him anyway. A bit of projection going on.

Na mate I don’t drink and no need to :rolleyes:. If you say so not everyone is seen as innocent mate:dontknow:.
Reply 11
Na mate I don’t drink and no need to :rolleyes:. If you say so not everyone is seen as innocent mate:dontknow:.

Talking out your hoop as usual, then. No experience of it, no knowledge of it, but it's 'suspicious'. Hilarious.
Original post by gjd800
Talking out your hoop as usual, then. No experience of it, no knowledge of it, but it's 'suspicious'. Hilarious.

What do you mean talking out of the hoop as usual then. What experience do I need mate I don’t need to go to witness it at all or need any knowledge he may not be who he seems. Your judgment is hilarious :clap2:
Reply 13
What do you mean talking out of the hoop as usual then. What experience do I need mate I don’t need to go to witness it at all or need any knowledge he may not be who he seems. Your judgment is hilarious :clap2:

You need knowledge of it to know if it's normal or not to be out till 4am in these places.

You've never been and so you have no clue, yet you offer half baked opinions on it anyway. Christ.
Original post by gjd800
You need knowledge of it to know if it's normal or not to be out till 4am in these places.

You've never been and so you have no clue, yet you offer half baked opinions on it anyway. Christ.

Na mate perhaps at 4am your eyes were asleep to realise it ain’t normal and that clubbing and partying cannot only be with boys and yeah I’ve never been and have no clue great why would I when it’s prohibited and forbidden for me yet I am giving a logical explanation and valid reason and point hence the justification of such opinion. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 15
Na mate perhaps at 4am your eyes were asleep to realise it ain’t normal and that clubbing and partying cannot only be with boys and yeah I’ve never been and have no clue great why would I when it’s prohibited and forbidden for me yet I am giving a logical explanation and valid reason and point hence the justification of such opinion. :rolleyes:

It is fully normal in a tourist spot to be out till 4am. literally millions of people every year do it. You wouldn't know, by your own admission. So why talk about that which you do not know?
@Amb/conf your opinions and thoughts please…
Reply 17
Let's be honest he's on a lads holiday of course he will chat up a girl and cheat
Original post by Miss Jess
Let's be honest he's on a lads holiday of course he will chat up a girl and cheat

Yeah spot on
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
I was wondering if anyone has any advice. I've been in two year and a half relationships and have been cheated on in both of them.he knows I trust him as much as I can but due to my past and the fact my ex's cheated on me in similar setting it triggers me but I really am ready for him and think he's the one

Either you trust your boyfriend or you don't; you can't pit him against other people and say you don't fully trust him because of someone in your past.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending