The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by applesandalevels
yeah it isn’t a true representation of a candidate not marking personal statements i just wish leeds were clear about now they’re applying i just hope somehow they do mark the ps

doesn’t the application policy talk about what you need for cardiff i think you’d be scored if you’ve got the 2:1 at bsc and a lebel/gcse equivalent not just gcses

Yeah i agree this for leeds.
For cardiff you need to have 2:1 but they dont favour graduates and end up scoring only the gcses as they do for school leavers. I got rejected 2 years ago with a 1st and masters distinction. In their rejection letter they said that i didnt score highly on gcses. My gcses were mostly 9 and had 2 gcses 8s.
Original post by Greekdentist
Yeah i agree this for leeds.
For cardiff you need to have 2:1 but they dont favour graduates and end up scoring only the gcses as they do for school leavers. I got rejected 2 years ago with a 1st and masters distinction. In their rejection letter they said that i didnt score highly on gcses. My gcses were mostly 9 and had 2 gcses 8s

yeah applying as a grad is an extreme sport😭😭 it’s crazy how you can have level 6,7,8 with the top classifications but smth at gcse or a lebel can stop you from getting in! couldn’t apply to a few unis bc i got a c in chemistry despite doing a dental bsc and learning dentistry 😭 and then the msc on top it’s crazy
Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well 🥰, with the UCAS deadline approaching why not check out the new 2024 entry Dentistry A200 / A201 fastest and slowest offer senders thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7409162
And post your own application journey?
Reply 63
does anyone know when do leeds usually call for interview?
Original post by choco1234
does anyone know when do leeds usually call for interview?

Usually they used to send invites before Christmas break and the interviews take place around mid February. Maybe they will send them earlier this year as they use the ucat rather than bmat and will have the results early november.
Anyone know how many stations there usually are in the MMI?
Original post by EquivocateU2
Anyone know how many stations there usually are in the MMI?

In the online MMI that leeds had there were 5 stations.
In the online MMI that leeds had there were 5 stations.

Much appreciated, thank you :smile:
Reply 68
has anyone else done access to leeds ??
Original post by saibakhan
has anyone else done access to leeds ??

Do you mean applied for it? I’ve applied and got accepted.
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 71
anyone else got a rejection today???
Reply 72

what was ur ucat score?
Reply 73
Original post by saibakhan
what was ur ucat score?

2700 band 1
gcses : 9999888877 (7s in drama + eng lit)
a levels - 3 A*s predicted
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 74

You got rejected?
Reply 75
Original post by Dr Fate
You got rejected?

yes ☹️
don't even understand why
Reply 76
yes ☹️
don't even understand why

Yh ur scores are good aswell.
I don't think it was because of your ucat. Maybe your academic grades? What grades do you have?
Usually if it is such an early rejection it is because of the grades.
sorry to hear that! you still have 3/4 bds applications tho!! don’t loose faith! on ucas they should give a reason but it’s most likely your application than ucat, could be your ps? they’re very strict with their marking criteria
Reply 79
I don't think it was because of your ucat. Maybe your academic grades? What grades do you have?
Usually if it is such an early rejection it is because of the grades.

The grades are very good and so is ucat. So I’m going to guess personal statement may have been the reason

Quick Reply

Latest