The Student Room Group

Leeds Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Greekdentist
I don't think it was because of your ucat. Maybe your academic grades? What grades do you have?
Usually if it is such an early rejection it is because of the grades.

predicted 3 A*s for a levels and gcses are 9999888877 so all good academically and im a home applicant and contextual.
Reply 81
Original post by applesandalevels
sorry to hear that! you still have 3/4 bds applications tho!! don’t loose faith! on ucas they should give a reason but it’s most likely your application than ucat, could be your ps? they’re very strict with their marking criteria

dont know why ps would be marked down esp since at open day when i spoke to head of admissions they said that ps would only be screened but not marked this year...
also on last years thread i didnt hear of anyone get rejected due to ps but rather their ucat score/gcses grades
sucks to start whole process off with a rejection and that to for unknown reasons (rejection not on ucas yet just by email) :/
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by choco1234
predicted 3 A*s for a levels and gcses are 9999888877 so all good academically and im a home applicant and contextual.

These are very good overall. I am quite confused how they sent rejections so early. In the past leeds used to take their time in replying and they sent all rejections around january.
dont know why ps would be marked down esp since at open day when i spoke to head of admissions they said that ps would only be screened but not marked this year...
sucks to start whole process off with a rejection and that to for unknown reasons (rejection not on ucas yet just by email) :/

Yeah this is very sad and especially with such a high ucat score. :frown:
Wondering whether more people got rejections today too or it is just random?
Reply 84
These are very good overall. I am quite confused how they sent rejections so early. In the past leeds used to take their time in replying and they sent all rejections around january.

exactly, it is quite disheartening. i think it could be earlier due to use of ucat this year?
Reply 85
Yeah this is very sad and especially with such a high ucat score. :frown:
Wondering whether more people got rejections today too or it is just random?

i dont know of anyone else hence why was asking on tsr :/
exactly, it is quite disheartening. i think it could be earlier due to use of ucat this year?

Your ucat is so good :frown:
My ucat is 2520 applied as a graduate hope will not get rejected.

Yeah is so strange how they sent rejections so early.
Where else did you apply?
also on last years thread i didnt hear of anyone get rejected due to ps but rather their ucat score/gcses grades

they aren’t looking at ps? on the website it says ps will get marked/assessed?? thats my guess what it is but on ucas will confirm it or do email them. i applied in my third year of uni and my courselead didn’t put my predicted grade on so i got rejected and i had to email them to find a reason so they will let you know
Did you check if you click the criminal convictions box?

I would email admissions team asking why you were rejected (but ask it in a non-accusatory tone, like just wondering why I got rejected so I can get feedback and improve...) Might be worth looking at teacher references...
Reply 91
anyone else got a rejection today???

yo im sorry to hear this
im not saying ur a liar or anyth but dym posting a ss of the rejection just in case ppl are getting worried over nothing since its rlly early 😭
Reply 92
Your ucat is so good :frown:
My ucat is 2520 applied as a graduate hope will not get rejected.

hope it all goes well for you 🙂
Reply 93
they aren’t looking at ps? on the website it says ps will get marked/assessed?? thats my guess what it is but on ucas will confirm it or do email them. i applied in my third year of uni and my courselead didn’t put my predicted grade on so i got rejected and i had to email them to find a reason so they will let you know

yep apparently, i mean its what head of admissions said to me on the open day haha
Reply 94
Did you check if you click the criminal convictions box?

yeah i did check to see if i had clicked it
Reply 95
Original post by toothysmile
I would email admissions team asking why you were rejected (but ask it in a non-accusatory tone, like just wondering why I got rejected so I can get feedback and improve...) Might be worth looking at teacher references...

teacher refs were fine as i saw them before they got put in luckily
have emailed so just waiting for a response, not sure if they will give tho honestly since its prior to interview
Reply 96
Original post by dhnylar
yo im sorry to hear this
im not saying ur a liar or anyth but dym posting a ss of the rejection just in case ppl are getting worried over nothing since its rlly early 😭

yep i understand but unfortunately it is real
not sure how to attach a ss but i can assure everyone that i wish i was lying but im not ☹️
it says :
"Dear ______,

We are writing to inform you that your application to study A200 Dental Surgery at the University of Leeds has been unsuccessful.

We are sorry we are no longer able to consider your application but we wish you all the very best and we would like to thank you for your interest in studying with us.

Warm Regards,
Dentistry Admissions Team
University of Leeds"
yep apparently, i mean its what head of admissions said to me on the open day haha

on the website it still has personal statement being part of the application assessment hopefully leeds get back to you explaining what’s happened !!
Reply 98
on the website it still has personal statement being part of the application assessment hopefully leeds get back to you explaining what’s happened !!

i see it says the following on the website :
"The personal statement of the application form helps us to assess the nature of the applicant’s interest in the academic subject and is an important part of the selection process. Applicants should take this opportunity to demonstrate their enthusiasm and aptitude for the academic subject. Further information about what we wish to hear about is available in our personal statement guidelines.
[start]An*applicant may be assessed based on the strength of their statement relative to others in their cohort, and/or based on criteria set by the academic school." [/start]

it also seems to say:

Selection process
[start]The main stages in our selection process are:[/start]

Evaluation of academic qualifcations

Assessment of application, taking into account academic and non-academic criteria, including UCAT results

Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)

Offer

honestly quite confusing as they say they might assess it but head of admissions said otherwise to me, who knows atp, hope they get back to me soon though!!
i see it says the following on the website :
"The personal statement of the application form helps us to assess the nature of the applicant’s interest in the academic subject and is an important part of the selection process. Applicants should take this opportunity to demonstrate their enthusiasm and aptitude for the academic subject. Further information about what we wish to hear about is available in our personal statement guidelines.
[start]An*applicant may be assessed based on the strength of their statement relative to others in their cohort, and/or based on criteria set by the academic school." [/start]

it also seems to say:

Selection process
[start]The main stages in our selection process are:[/start]

Evaluation of academic qualifcations

Assessment of application, taking into account academic and non-academic criteria, including UCAT results

Multiple Mini Interview (MMI)

Offer

honestly quite confusing as they say they might assess it but head of admissions said otherwise to me, who knows atp, hope they get back to me soon though!!

yeah it is confusing but for me personally i’d follow what’s on the website since it’s confirmed over what someone says because they may change their minds. i got rejected from leeds in nov around 2 years ago bc my course lead didn’t give a predicted grade so it was an incomplete application have you double checked your ucas application. if your ucas is fine i can’t think of any other reason but ps unfortunately but some schools look at it some don’t do it depends where you apply. one of the reasons i applied to leeds this year is bc (on the website) they say they’re looking at ps

Quick Reply

Latest