The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know when we will hear back from Aberdeen?
Their interview dates are from 04-08/12.
Reply 21
Original post by Greekdentist
Does anyone know when we will hear back from Aberdeen?
Their interview dates are from 04-08/12.

I think it’s supposed to be any time from about now. I looked through last years chat and they received invited around about now.
Original post by Emma0101
I think it’s supposed to be any time from about now. I looked through last years chat and they received invited around about now.

Hope we hear soon. I think last year the interview dates were the 2nd week of december.
Reply 23
Hope we hear soon. I think last year the interview dates were the 2nd week of december.

Yes hopefully. Have you heard back from any of your other options?
Yes hopefully. Have you heard back from any of your other options?

I have heard back from leeds they rejected me because i reapplied! So odd since they replied to me in sep that they allowed reapplications. I emailed them for further feedback about this but no reply yet.
Also heard back from dundee for interview. :smile:
How about you?
Reply 25
I have heard back from leeds they rejected me because i reapplied! So odd since they replied to me in sep that they allowed reapplications. I emailed them for further feedback about this but no reply yet.
Also heard back from dundee for interview. :smile:
How about you?

Sorry to hear about Leeds. But congratulations for Dundee! Which is your first choice? Nope I haven’t heard anything from any of them. I keep eagerly refreshing my emails 🤣.
Sorry to hear about Leeds. But congratulations for Dundee! Which is your first choice? Nope I haven’t heard anything from any of them. I keep eagerly refreshing my emails 🤣.

Thank you! Aberdeen is my first choice but then is dundee and glasgow. :smile:
Hope you hear good news soon too. :smile:
I just received an interview for Aberdeen, I am so overwhelmed with happiness 😁
Got an interview from aberdeen so thrilled!!! I selected the 06/12 slot.
Got an interview from aberdeen so thrilled!!! I selected the 06/12 slot.

Woohoo
Original post by JordyJRT
I’ve just got my invite for interview at Aberdeen too! 😮*💨

Best of luck 🤞🏼
Original post by JordyJRT
Are interviews for dentistry going to be held in person for this application cycle or will there be an online option for students who live far away? Thanks

Hi, apologies for the delay in getting you a response. Unfortunately there will not be the option for online interviews for our Dentistry programmes running next year. Sorry to inform you of this but I hope this is helpful to know.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Original post by applesandalevels
Do RUK students still get student finance england sfe maintenance and tuition fees alongside the NHS students for the course since it’s in scotland and i’m an english student

Hi, apologies for our delay in getting back to you on this. We would recommend getting in contact with SFE directly to discuss your personal circumstances and to see what funding they will provide you. An NHS Bursary should be available for years 2,3 and 4, but we would also say to check with the NHS Bursary providers for your eligibility. Hope this is helpful!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Just want to put out a general post to say it's great to hear that the Dentistry interview invites are going out. Good luck to you all!

In case people have missed the link before, here is our page with some guidance on the Dentistry interview: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/dental/study/bds/interview.php
Additionally our careers service have some resources for interview prep which may be useful: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/careers/resources/topics/7/view-all/

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 34
Heey, just received an invitation for an interview from Aberdeen! I’m so nervous and preparing for an interview and in the same time I am so overwhelmed with smile rn
Good luck everyone!
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by Katyiaaa
Heey, just received an invitation for an interview from Aberdeen! I’m so nervous and preparing for an interview and in the same time I am so overwhelmed with smile rn
Good luck everyone!

Hi congrats on your interview invite!! :smile:
Did you receive it today? I got mine 10 days ago and booked for 06/12. When did you book yours and are you scots or ruk?
Reply 36
Did you receive it today? I got mine 10 days ago and booked for 06/12. When did you book yours and are you scots or ruk?

Congratulations all! Just wondering do Aberdeen stage their interviews or do they interview everyone at once?
Reply 37
Original post by Mooglee1
Congratulations all! Just wondering do Aberdeen stage their interviews or do they interview everyone at once?

And do we think there will be a role play this year?
Reply 38

Also @Greekdentist I noticed you said this is your 6th time applying 🙂. Have you applied to Aberdeen previously?
Original post by Mooglee1
Also @Greekdentist I noticed you said this is your 6th time applying 🙂. Have you applied to Aberdeen previously?

Hi no is my first time applying to aberdeen. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest