The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Dentistry 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mooglee1
And do we think there will be a role play this year?

I think so they will have. :smile:
I am curious for the manual dexterity station.
Reply 41
Original post by Greekdentist
Hi no is my first time applying to aberdeen. How about you?

Same here. Where did you apply before? And if you don’t mind me asking but did they give you feed back as to why you didn’t an offer? 6 times is commitment
Reply 42
I think so they will have. :smile:
I am curious for the manual dexterity station.

I think this will be an activity. Did they get you to do activities in relation to this at past interviews?
Same here. Where did you apply before? And if you don’t mind me asking but did they give you feed back as to why you didn’t an offer? 6 times is commitment

I applied to leeds, cardiff, queen marys, belfast, uclan before. I got interviews from leeds, queen marys and uclan and for the first two i was so close to the cutoff. My ucat was the one that let me down the previous years. This year i tried my best to improve in this. Hope we all get in!! :smile:
Reply 44
Hi congrats on your interview invite!! :smile:
Did you receive it today? I got mine 10 days ago and booked for 06/12. When did you book yours and are you scots or ruk?

RUK and I booked for 06/12 in the morning too!!! I got mine around 5 days ago, so excited!
Does everyone have recent work experience in a dental setting? I am a bit worried because I did mine years ago when I was in school.
Original post by Katyiaaa
RUK and I booked for 06/12 in the morning too!!! I got mine around 5 days ago, so excited!

Amazing!!! I have it booked for 10:40 hope to see you there. :smile:
Original post by Nic Tooth Fairy
Does everyone have recent work experience in a dental setting? I am a bit worried because I did mine years ago when I was in school.

Remember it doesn’t matter when you do your work experience, it’s just what you have learnt from it that you need to discuss so whether u did it few years ago or recently, you would’ve observed the same sort of things. The only major change is the impact of covid-19 tbh
(edited 4 months ago)
What do you guys think the manual dexterity station will be like?
Hi did anyone do their interview today? How did you find it?
Reply 50
can anyone remember when Aberdeen said they'll send out offers/rejections post interview?
Reply 51
Original post by Emma0101
can anyone remember when Aberdeen said they'll send out offers/rejections post interview?

10 offers end of Jan, 10 end of March I think
Reply 52
Original post by JordyJRT
10 offers end of Jan, 10 end of March I think

did they tell you this there? I don't remember them saying this.

They said March when I did mine.
Reply 54

I was told this by a current student
Do you know if they waitlist anyone?
Hi all, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Seeing some speculation in this chat which doesn't reflect the actual admissions process and so wanting to come in to clarify a few things.

As per the information you were given at your interview, we will be making our decisions as soon as we are in a position to do so. At this point in time we have no specific date set aside. We have a final interview date at the end of January, so we wont be making any decisions until this is complete.

We will have a waiting list this year. Please be assured that if you are on this, you will be notified.

We appreciate it is an anxious time for you, but you have our word as soon as decisions have been made, these will be communicated to you. Really hope that this is helpful to know!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 57
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi all, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account. Seeing some speculation in this chat which doesn't reflect the actual admissions process and so wanting to come in to clarify a few things.

As per the information you were given at your interview, we will be making our decisions as soon as we are in a position to do so. At this point in time we have no specific date set aside. We have a final interview date at the end of January, so we wont be making any decisions until this is complete.

We will have a waiting list this year. Please be assured that if you are on this, you will be notified.

We appreciate it is an anxious time for you, but you have our word as soon as decisions have been made, these will be communicated to you. Really hope that this is helpful to know!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Hi, thank you for this information. Do you know how many people were interviewed this year, just out of interest?
Reply 58
hi all! Well done to those who have done their interviews, I have mine next week. Does anyone have any last minute advice?
Hi, thank you for this information. Do you know how many people were interviewed this year, just out of interest?

Hi, that's not information I have at the moment unfortunately and the interviews are still ongoing. If you'd like an idea you can get back in contact with the admissions team through the email they arranged your interview with they may be able to get you a clearer picture. Sorry I've not got more info!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest